Facebook is one of the most used social networks in the world, which contains information from countless users. The latter makes it a double-edged sword that can jeopardize the security of netizens.
This is why it is important strictly control revenue on our accounts for prevent them from falling into the wrong hands. Today we will teach you how to find out how many Facebook sessions you have open and from which devices.
Steps to know the number of Facebook sessions open
If you are using a computer
- After logging in from the web you need to click on the arrow located in the upper right corner, right next to the notification bell. A menu with several options will appear and you will need to select settings and privacy. Next, another group of options will appear, press the setup option.
- The general settings of your Facebook account will be displayed on the screen. In the bar located on the left side you need to find and click on the option of security and access.
- In this section you can see all the devices through which you entered the social network. You also have access to the IP address, location, date and time of the connection. It also lets you know what kind of devices they are and which ones have an active session at that moment.
- The devices are arranged in chronological order, with those recently linked on top. You can also see if the rumor happened through a browser or an application.
Via the application on a phone or tablet
- After entering your account from the app, you must press the menu box, which has three horizontal stripes and is located in the upper right corner.
- Once the menu is open, you need to go down and look for the setup and privacy option. Another group of options will appear, you need to click on settings.
- Look for the option «follow
- identity and login "in the safety section.
- In this section you can see the last devices that have logged in. If you press the option see all, all the sessions will be divided indicating date, time, place and device.
- It is also important to keep the application up to date to keep up with security improvements.
What to do if I detect an unknown or suspicious device?
If you are not familiar with some of the devices linked to your account, you can quickly close those sessions. To do this, you need to search for the device in question and click on a button located just to the right.
A box will appear that says is not you? and just below the exit option you need to press. This process is similar in the app and on the website.
These open sessions can be related to other applications on your phone or tablet. This is because the account can be used to log into other apps or websites. However, if you are unsure of the origin, it is advisable to log out of Facebook.
How to prevent this from happening again?
Below we will list other options that the security and login section offers to strengthen the security of your account:
- The Configure Additional Security section allows you to modify your account so that it will notify you whenever a strange device connects. You just have to enable the option for receive notifications. This will allow you to take action in case an intruder attempts to access your account.
- You can determine which devices and browsers are enabled to save your login information.
- Two-step authentication requires the use of a security code to log in. The latter is sent by post or SMS to the person who manages the account. In addition, you can determine which devices are used frequently and therefore do not need the verification code.
- If you think an unwanted person has your login information, you can change your password. This way, you make sure the new key is more complex and different than the one you use on other websites.