How it works, is used and configured Telegram on Android or iPhone - It all starts with a download
To get started, download the app from your mobile app store. It is available in both the Play Store and the App Store. After that, setting up the app is a breeze. Now we will explain what to do.
- Open the app for the first time.
- Select the «Start chatting» button.
- Fill in all the required fields with your basic information, such as country and phone number. This is used to create your profile, just like when you create an account on WhatsApp.
- Press «Next». You will receive, in about 15-45 seconds, a 5-digit code from Telegram.
- Write in the space where "Code" is written what you have just received. Click on «Next». A small window will open that has the name «Telegram wants to send you notifications», click on «Ok».
- Go up "Settings" and create your "Alias", so you don't have to share your phone number, this is for safety, although you can leave your number if you don't find this step important. Select "Done".
- Go to «Chat» click and when you open that section, select the pencil located at the top right to search for people to chat with. Grant the app the necessary permissions to search your contacts for acquaintances who also have Telegram.
And it's so easy to install and configure Telegram. All that remains is to enter your profile picture, your "status" (a small description of yourself) and voila. This process is pretty much the same as in WhatsApp. We recommend that you use the app every day, because the more you do it, the more familiar you will be with it.
However, there are more differences than similarities between this service and its main competition. Here are a few so you can get the most out of Telegram.
Get the most out of Telegram
This app of Russian origin is not only used for chatting with your friends. You have at your disposal a powerful communication tool that showcases its practicality and functionality. See what you can do with Telegram.
- Download Telegram for your PC. Unlike WhatsApp, your mobile phone does not have to be connected to the Internet to use the desktop version.
- Create groups of friends with up to 5.000 members.
- If you are a company or a public interest figure, effectively target your audience by creating a channels without limits of subscribers where to share any type of information.
- With Telegram you can send files up to 1,5 GB.
- Use the Telegram cloud to store your files for free.
- The files you send do not suffer a quality downgrade. This is ideal if you want to send HD videos.
- Add a password to your chats so that no one can access them. Proceed as follows: go to Menu / Settings / Privacy and security / Passcode. Set your password.
- Telegram integrate games into chat to be able to play with your friends. Write @GameBot and choose one of the games. Share with your friends.
- And more
These were some of the features and functions of this application. If you want to know more, here we show you the best secret Telegram tricks. Take advantage of all the functions that Telegram offers you. Now that you know how Telegram works, is used and configured on Android and iPhone, what follows is that you start using it and make the most of it.