What is Bixby?
It is the virtual assistant built into the phones of the Samsung company. It's the South Korean giant's version of the Google Assistant, so you can use it to play different activities on your mobile.
Among other things, you can order it to set an alarm for a certain time, set a reminder, do a math or just tell a joke. And if you have both assistants turned on (Bixby and Google) you can also order them to fight each other (it was a bad joke told by Siri). From Bixby you can even activate the Google assistant on your mobile.
Steps to turn Bixby on or off from any Samsung Galaxy mobile phone
We will now show you how to activate or deactivate your Bixby virtual assistant. We will start with the activation and then we will talk a little bit about the deactivation with you.
How to activate Bixby
If you want to activate the virtual assistant first on your Samsung mobile, do the following:
- Press the button dedicated to the assistant. In general, it is located under the volume buttons and it will be very useful to know that you can configure this Bixby button on any Samsung mobile.
- A panel will open where you will start setting up Bixby. First, enter the language in which you will speak to the assistant. Then click on the arrow at the bottom.
- Read and accept the terms and conditions of use of the function. After marking the options, click the arrow to proceed to the next section.
- Now you have to teach Bixby to recognize your voice. When you're ready, hit the arrow and say “Hi, Bixby” as often as your phone asks. For best results, we recommend that you keep the phone at about 12 inches from your face and speak as you usually do.
- When you're done setting up your assistant, click the ✔ sign.
When you've set up your assistant correctly, you have three ways you can invoke it to sort tasks:
- Say "Hi, Bixby".
- Press and hold the assistant button until the phone vibrates.
- Press the dedicated button once to access the assistant menu. To give it a order by voice, click on the icon located in the lower left corner.
If, on the other hand, your assistant is already activated but it is not configured to start by voice command, you just need to follow the steps below. You will see that it is very similar to the configuration of Ok Google on your Android or iOS mobile.
- Press the dedicated key.
- Press the three-dot column located at the top right.
- Select the "Settings" option.
- Press the “Voice Activation” box.
- Press the virtual button to activate the voice command "Hello, Bixby"
How to disable Bixby
In this section you have several options. You can choose the one that solves your worries.
Disable the dedicated Bixby button
If you often confuse this button with the power button and want to turn it off but still use the voice assistant, this is your lucky day. To do this, follow these steps:
- Press the darling button.
- Slide the switch into casella “Bixby Key” to deactivate it.
So easy. You will no longer confuse the power button with the one that activates Bixby.
Disable your virtual assistant completely
If you don't like Bixby spying on you or just want to get rid of it, follow these steps to achieve your goal:
- Long press on any empty space on the home screen until the editing interface pops up.
- Scroll through the windows until you find the one that says “Bixby Home”.
- Slide the switch right for deactivate the assistant and all its functions.
It's that easy to disable Bixby completely. If in the future you regret your decision and want to reactivate it, you just have to look for the same tab and slide the switch again. And if it sounds very annoying to you, you could also disable the Google assistant on your Android in a very simple way.
Trending Topic Articles:
- telegram channels to watch motogp live and free now
- where to watch nba live streaming with telegram now
- best telegram channels to watch football streaming tv now
- watch tennis streaming free on telegram best channels now
- best telegram channels to watch and download movies and series now
- best telegram channels to watch formula 1 live and free now