How to activate the Google Assistant with the Bixby button on the Galaxy S10
Before starting, you should keep two things in mind. The first is that you need to update your Samsung to the latest version of the operating system; otherwise, you will not be able to change the function of the Bixby key. The second is that there is no native option to activate the Google Assistant with the dedicated key.
The only way to do this is to download a third party app developed by the guys at XDA Developers. With that in mind, follow these steps to activate the Google Assistant with the Bixby button.
- Configure your mobile to allow downloads from unknown sources. To do this, go to "Settings" → " Biometrics and security »→« Install unknown applications »→« Google Chrome »→« Allow from this source ».
- Download the XDA Bixby Remapper app. Then find the APK file in the folders of your device and press it to install it.
- Now go to "Settings" → "Advanced Features" → "Bixby key" → "Double tap to open".
- Return to the previous menu and select the option » Use single press «.
- Then press the dice icon next to «Open app» and select the «Bixby Button Assistant Remapper» app.
- Press the Bixby button once, select the Google Assistant and make sure you select the "Always" option.
After that, every time you press the Bixby key once, the Google Assistant will open. On the other hand, if you install another assistant from the Play Store, such as Alexa, you can reconfigure this button to start it.
Just search for the application " Bixby Button Wizard Remap »In the settings and select the option« Clear default settings ». Then press the Bixby button again and select your new assistant.
This option did not remove Bixby. In fact, you have only configured your mobile so that this assistant opens when you press the button in question twice. On the other hand, for better night performance, try activating the night mode of the Samsung Galaxy S10.
How to configure the Bixby key to execute preset commands and routines
The application that makes this change possible is completely reliable. Even so, if for security reasons you don't download this app that has access to your assistant, we are sorry to tell you that you will not be able to reconfigure the dedicated button to activate the Google Assistant.
The good news is that you can tweak and configure the Bixby button to perform many other functions, including executing specific commands. To do this, you just need to create a routine and configure the button to activate it. To do this, do the following:
- Open your Bixby assistant and select the three-dot icon located to the right of the interface.
- Click on the "Quick Commands" option. So for create a new command, press the «+» icon.
- Write the word or phrase that will trigger the command you want to execute.
- Click on «Add a command» and select the type of action you want to perform. When finished, click "Save".
- Then close the wizard and run it again.
- Repeat step number 2.
- Select the "Settings" option. Then "Bixby Key". Then «Double press to open Bixby» and finally «Use single press».
- click on "Run Quick Command".
- Select the command you created earlier.
After going through all this process, you can use this key to perform quick tasks. Without a doubt, this is something that can help you be more productive and get the most out of all the hardware parts of your mobile.
Without a doubt, the battery is one of the most important hardware components. So learn how to save and take care of your Galaxy S10 battery.TagsSamsung