What is visual rest mode or night mode?
The Huawei company has incorporated into its mobile devices the function of visual rest or night mode, in order to relieve visual fatigue produced by high resolution screens; contributes also improve sleep User.
Eye comfort mode (night mode) is used to apply a filter to the screen that reduces blue light and makes the screen warmer. That is, less blue light on the screen means more visual rest.
It is recommended that you activate this function if you are using your mobile device for long hours 0 when using the mobile phone at night or in a dimly lit room.
Advantages of activating this feature on your Huawei devices:
Using this feature that the Huawei company has incorporated into its devices will bring great benefits to your health:
- It will help you to read and use your device more comfortably ; because you will not tire your eyes.
- Protect your eyes from the negative effects of looking at your mobile screen for long hours; Since, LED or LCD screens can accelerate macular degeneration and cataracts.
- The habit of spending long hours looking at your cell phone screen before bed can have a negative effect on sleep, as it disrupts the production of the essential sleep hormone (melatonin). Activating night mode is useful for avoid disturbing sleep before bedtime.
- Save energy and battery on your mobile.
- Also, you can implement it in frequently used apps, in fact you can activate dark mode on Instagram on Android.
How to activate visual rest mode or night mode on Huawei mobile phones?
- Go to the main screen.
- Find the option "Adjustment", is represented by a cogwheel icon.
- A new window will appear with a number of alternatives; you need to select "Screen" .
- Enter the option “Visual Rest”.
- Another window called “Eye Relief” will immediately open.
- Look for the option that has the same name "Visual rest", you will see on the right side of that option a gray switch, drag it to the right to activate visual sleep mode (can also say night mode). You will know it is active because the switch will change from gray to blue.
- In the "visual rest" window you also need to adjust the bar at the bottom called "color temperature".
- Once turned on, the visual sleep mode (night mode) will be applied on the screen.
The window of visual rest it also allows you to activate the programming of the night mode, that is to program the time when you want this function to be activated and at what time you want it to be deactivated. This option is ideal to avoid having to manually activate and deactivate this mode every day.
Plus, of course, you can turn on dark mode in Facebook Lite or other apps you use every day, so you don't have to configure them every time you want to use them.
If you have activated this function to perform an activity that would take many hours looking at your mobile phone and now you want to deactivate this function; You have to apply the above steps 1 to 6. But now you have to drag the switch to the left side of the screen, then it will turn gray as a signal that it is inactive.
We also recommend that you implement this mode in the apps you use most. For example, you should think about turning on dark mode in Google Chrome for Android, so that you can rest your eyes every time you use it.
If you have a Huawei device and spend long hours staring at its screen; Do not miss the opportunity to activate this function and thus mitigate the harmful effects that it causes blue light issues from the screen. Take care of your eyesight and sleep with this handy feature from Huawei.TagsHuawei