Facebook is the social networks most popular since 2004. Their community hosts more than 2,4 billion monthly active users, a large number, don't you think?
Although it was founded in that year, it wasn't until 2005 that Facebook started calling itself that, as it was previously also known as Facebook and was only available to people with Harvard emails.
Given its growing popularity, the platform expanded rapidly and began to be used by people from other countries (even those who lived far from the United States). In this way the influx of users became more and more, and with it the recognition of the nascent network.
How to change the language of Facebook
And is that much of its growth is due to versatility and adaptation, we see an example in the language. So, if you are planning to travel to another country and want to stay connected, the language will not be a problem. Even so, in this article you will learn how to change the Facebook language in simple steps, from PC, Android and iOS.
Then you can change the language settings on Facebook
Currently Facebook has more than 100 languages including English, Spanish, German, French, Arabic, Mandarin Chinese, Portuguese, Italian, Indian languages…, this of course is a plus in case you want to go on a trip or have accidentally changed. For this type of situation there is a solution and you will see it below.
How to change the language of Facebook on mobile
- Enter in Facebook da Android and iOS.
- Tap the menu identified by three horizontal stripes at the top right of the screen.
- Go to option "Settings and privacy" identified with a gear wheel at the bottom of the screen.
- Several options will appear. Touch "Tongue" identified with a world icon.
Go to Facebook "Settings" and go to the "Languages" section
- Then you will see a long list of available languages, select the one that suits you best. Sometimes you can see the languages organized in alphabetical order, also depending on the site or the place where you are, you will have new languages visible according to the area.
A list of languages available on the Facebook social network
- Shortly after making your choice you will see a message that says: "Wait a moment while we configure the language" And that's it.
How to change the Facebook language on computers
The steps to change or change the language from PC are very similar to those previously exposed for mobile phones. You will just need to do the following:
- Enter in Facebook from your computer.
- Click on the drop down arrow displayed in the upper right corner of the desktop screen.
- Press the option "Settings and privacy".
- Then you will see another menu of options, click on "Tongue".
Go to Facebook "Settings" from your PC and look for the "Languages" section
- Next, in the section «Language and region settings> Facebook language> click on Change».
If you want to change your language, click on the "Change" button
- View the available options which will be arranged alphabetically and select your language.
- Click on "Save Changes" And that's it.
Open the menu and you will see different languages in alphabetical order
The procedure is very simple and will take no more than a couple of minutes, so you get it the most from the tool and stay connected from anywhere in the world. If you enjoyed this article, then you might also be interested in how to automatically translate Facebook Messenger messages or better yet, how to hide Facebook Stories in your feed this 2021.