As we have said on more than one occasion, we live in a society full of subscription services. Netflix, Amazon Prime, Disney +, online games like PlayStation 4 or Google Stadia and all this without forgetting one of the most popular platforms, Spotify.
And it is that this streaming music service is one of the most popular platforms. For just € 9,99 a month, we have access to millions of songs on our mobile device, tablet, computer and even other products such as the Amazon Echo smart speaker.
Now, it is possible that some of you have decided not to use Spotify either because it switched to Apple Music or because you directly don't want to stream music. So instead of leaving your account created, you just want to delete it, make it disappear along with your music history and all your playlists. We teach you how to do it.
How to completely delete your Spotify account
Before deleting our Spotify account completely, we need to take the following into consideration. We will no longer be able to access our lists or the profiles of our followers. If we have an active premium account, it will be lost. Finally, and in case we want to log in to Spotify again, we will have to create a new account from the beginning.
Well, to get rid of our Spotify completely, the first thing to do is to enter the Spotify support site from the browser. This process cannot be done from the mobile app, so we will need to do it from a web browser.
- Once inside, we will log into the account we want to delete and we will select the "Account" category.
- Then we will click on "I want to close my account".
- In this way, Spotify will give us options. The first is to completely close our account and the second is to cancel the premium account then we will select the first option.
- After that we will continue as often as necessary. Spotify will give us several warnings that we already know about the consequences of losing our account, but no regrets.
- At the end of it all, Spotify confirms that we will have received an email in our email account with which we can finish the whole process once and for all. Well, you have to just open it and confirm that we want to delete our account. For this last step we have a period of 24 hours, otherwise we will have to start over from the beginning.
And this is all! Our Spotify account will have disappeared from the network as well as all our personal data, playlists and favorite music related to it. In case we want to enjoy all the good that Spotify offers us again, we just have to register again, we can also do it with the same email from the deleted account, there is no problem with it.
We honestly haven't found many reasons to delete Spotify account. Even if we don't pay for the premium version or use other apps like Apple Music, Spotify in its free version is still quite interesting.