In 2014 we saw the presentation of the first model of Apple smartwatches. To date, the company has already launched the fifth generation of these devices.
And it is expected that in the near future the sixth generation will see the light. Regardless of which series you have, in this article we will teach you how to erase the contents of an Apple Watch from your iPhone. But before deleting your personal data, we recommend that you make backup copies of your Apple Watch. We will also show you the two existing methods of doing this process from the same watch.
How to erase the contents of an Apple Watch from an iPhone
If you are thinking of selling, trading or giving away your Apple Watch, you must first delete all your personal data from the watch. In this way, the your personal information will not be compromised. To erase all your data, applications and personal information from your Apple Watch, you just need to unplug it from your iPhone. To do this, you need to do the following:
Final report: While doing this, try to keep both devices as close together as possible so that there is no problem with the Bluetooth connection.
- Access the Apple Watch app on the iPhone.
- Select the My Watch option. Once there, click on the clock at the top of the screen.
- Tap the information icon next to the watch you want to unpair. In case of multiple paired devices, each one will have this icon.
- Click Unpair Apple Watch. Before proceeding, please read the following information.
If you have an Apple Watch GPS + Cellular model, you will need to choose whether to delete or keep the cellular data plan. To make this decision, take into account the following factors:
- If you plan to connect your watch to your mobile again in the future, choose to stick with the plan.
- If you don't plan on pairing the two devices again, choose to remove the plan. If you are not planning to reconnect your Apple Watch to another iPhone, we recommend that you contact your mobile operator for undo the subscription to the data network.
To complete the process, log out, confirm the action in the dialog box that appears, and if prompted, enter your Apple ID. Before deleting, unpairing or formatting the Apple Watch content, the iPhone will make a backup of all settings.
How to clear the contents of an Apple Watch from the same watch
You can also delete old backups from your Apple Watch if you don't have your iPhone. That's right, you can delete the contents of your Apple Watch without having to use your mobile phone or disconnect them. To do this, follow these steps:
- Enter your Apple Watch settings.
- Click on the General option.
- Check the Reset box.
- Click the Delete all content and settings option.
- If you have a GPS + Cellular model, consider the information we gathered in the previous section of this article.
- Finally, tap Clear everything to complete the process.
How to erase the contents of an Apple Watch if you have forgotten the password
Today we use passwords for almost everything. These serve to protect our information. But there is always the risk of forgetting them. Therefore, if the same happened to you with the unlock code of your Apple Watch, you can reset or factory reset to use the device again . To do this, perform the following steps:
- Place the Apple Watch on the charger.
- Press and hold the oval button on either side until the Power Off menu appears.
- Firmly turn off the switch and then lift your finger.
- Select the Delete all content and settings option.
When the device has finished the data deletion process, you can pair it with your iPhone again for retrieve personal information and settings.Etiquetasi phone