What are PDF and DWG files and what are they for?
PDF is a format composed of vector images, bitmaps and texts. The meaning of its acronym in English is «Portable Document Format» which translated means «Portable Document Format».
It is widely used in companies, institutions and by the general public because its display in digital format is retained during printing. Among its main features we have:
- È multiplatform. This means that the original document retains its appearance and structure, regardless of the desktop or mobile operating system on which it is used.
- It can be encrypted for added security.
- It is free and we can also send PDF documents to our contacts by email, WhatsApp or Telegram.
- It is used as a legal document when required, as it can be digitally signed and configured as non-editable.
- The document can contain a combination of text, video, sound, link, etc.
- You can create different types of PDF files: image-only files, untagged documents, tagged documents, and electronic forms.
Image-only files are, in a nutshell, photographs. I am useful when the document needs to be faithful to an original version like ad example an invoice.
In the case of untagged documents, they are the ones that do not need codes for future internet searches. On the contrary, the tagged documents are the ones that can be easily spotted on the web.
Electronic forms are papers PDF editable, in which it is possible to record data entered directly from the keyboard or copied from other files. These can be password protected and can also be posted on the Internet.
Let's talk now about file DWG, these represent files di of AutoCAD drawings. They are generally used by architects, designers and engineers due to their ability to store 2D and 3D images created in the aforementioned program or others similar.
A fairly common problem is that DWG files cannot always be opened due to compatibility issues between the file and the program, but there are various tools that will help you with your goal. The programs with which you can open DWG files are:
- Autodesk Viewer
- DWG trueView
- Adobe Illustrator
- Revision of the project
- Ashampoo Photo Commander
All of these programs are free and will give you the visualization you need for your DWG files. Here we will show you how to convert the first file we talked about, PDF, into an online editable DWG file.
How to convert a PDF file to an editable DWG file online
On the web you will find various sites or pages for convert PDF files to editable DWG files. We will present you some proposals with step by step that will facilitate the process.
- ABViewer Enterprise PDF to DWG converter for PC. To use this site and convert PDF files online, simply enter the portal and use the free online service. You will notice a box with the following message: ¨ Drag the PDF file (up to 3MB) ¨. This is one way to upload your document, but you will also see the "Add File" button if you want to upload it the other way.
- Onlineconvertfree.com. Without registering, you can convert a PDF file into an editable DWG or one of over 250 available formats. It is a secure resource with an advanced level of SSL encryption that it promises to eliminate instantly the PDF file and convert it to DWG after 24 hours.
- Anyconv.com. With this site you will be able to convert your document in just three steps. The first duplicates the file: press ¨Choose file¨ to upload it from your computer. The second step is to transfer the document from PDF a DWG: Click on » Converted". The third step is to download it. On this site you can also convert other files to DWG, such as DWF, DXF, JPG and SVG.
Finally, we recommend that you read this other related article where we will show you how to convert an EDRW file to DWG for free in minutes.