Find out how to create a server for Counter Strike the easy way
Counter Strike has become very popular since its launch, this is due to its own gameplay and playability which make it attractive. You can even install the latest version of Counter Strike Global Offensive, an action, strategy and shooter video game classified in the “Shooter” category. In this game you can choose between Special Forces and Terrorists, in which you will have to achieve specific objectives.
One of the things that make this game fun is playing it online with players from different parts of the world, the competitiveness and difficulty of the game increase. The problem is that many times these servers are unstable and often have problems and shortcomings while playing. These servers are generally operated by the game publisher.
The detail is that with a lot of player traffic, the server tends to overload and generate errors. That is why, in most video games, including Counter Strike, the mode of creation of private servers.
These private servers are much more effective, because they are faster and more stable. Any user with Internet access can create and configure a guest network to play with friends. Either via a Wi-Fi connection or in a local network.
The right hardware for your server
Before proceeding to create a Counter Strike server to play with your friends, you need to know what performance your PC has and that it meets different requirements. This way, your gaming experience and that of others will be optimal. Using a dedicated server is ideal for getting the most out of your PC's performance. The recommended requirements to create a server for Counter Strike are: Windows XP, Vista, 7 or higher.
- 1 GB of RAM
- 2 GB of hard disk space
- 1,00 MHz Intel Pentium III processor or higher
- 64 MB or higher integrated graphics card
- DirectX compatible sound card
- Internet connection of 1 MB or more
These requirements will allow you to create a stable and secure server for all the players you share it with. These specifications are based on most 32-player video games. However, you may need to increase these requirements in order to run games with 64 players or more, as the more players there are on the server, the more demanding the hardware and internet connection will be.
Create your server step by step
The first thing to do is download and install the most recommended version of Counter Strike, aka Counter Strike Global Offensive. This is one of the most downloaded versions of the game, as it is one of the most stable and secure, compared to the others. Once installed, we will proceed as follows:
- The most important step for this is to allow the connection through our router's firewall.
- The next step is to open the same port in your computer's firewall settings.
- Once done, you should go to the game installation location which is by default C: Program Files / Valve / Counter-Strike 1.6
- The next thing you should do is look for a file called hlds.exe. Once located, you need to copy and paste it to your desktop.
Now let's proceed to open it and configure some parameters of the Counter Strike server which are the following:
- Game: Counterstrike.
- Server name: at the user's discretion.
- Where you'll be: To satisfy the user.
- Network: to satisfy the user.
- N. max. Of players: At the user's convenience.
- UDP port: 27015.
- Password: suitable for the user.
Once you have completed all these steps, all you need to do is save the configuration and test the server with your friends.TagsControsciopero