What is a Nintendo Family Group?
In a family group of a Nintendo Account, up to 8 users can be connected in a single group regardless of the type of account each one has. Users with the following account types can belong to these groups:
- An administrator account, who will be responsible for managing the group (there cannot be more than one administrator per group).
- General Nintendo Accounts.
- Supervised Nintendo Accounts, typically for users under the age of 16.
- Parent / Guardian Accounts Used For manage the restrictions of Nintendo eShop on supervised group accounts. In addition, other parental controls can be managed from the device or via an app downloadable from the Google Play Store or the App Store for smartphones (Android or iOS).
Steps to create a Nintendo Switch family group online to share games
In this first section we will show you the whole process you need to go through for create a Nintendo Switch family group online to share games. Without a doubt, this process is very simple and it won't take you long if you follow the steps we will show you below to the letter.
- The first thing you should do is create a Nintendo account, for this you have to go to the official Nintendo website and follow the steps that appear there.
- You just have to enter a Gmail email account and a password that meets the security requirements. After creating your account you can link it to Twitter, Facebook or Apple.
- Next you need to select your profile picture and you will see several options appear. At this point, select the option that says "Family Group".
- Then, click on the option "Add a member" and you will see a screen appear where you have to click on the option «Invite to family group».
- Now you need to enter the email address of the person you want to add to the family group. Then select the "Submit" button located just below the field where you entered the email address of the person you wish to add to the group.
- To continue, the person you added needs to check their inbox to see if they've received an email inviting them to join the family group.
- In that email you will find a link that will take you to the Nintendo home page where you will need to choose the 'join a family group' option.
- After that, an email will arrive in the inbox to inform us that the person has successfully joined our family group.
Points to consider
Next we will talk about some important aspects that you need to consider when create a Nintendo Switch family group online.
- An important aspect is that the invitation will only be valid for 24 hours. After this time, you will need to repeat the above steps to send a new invitation.
- You should also keep in mind that the person who created the family group will be the group administrator, i.e. he or she is responsible for paying the subscription, adding or deleting participants from the group.
- Also, remember that My Nintendo activity, i.e. missions or points, are not shared between family group members. This means that only the person who earns My Nintendo points has a chance to redeem them.
- Finally, we remind you that you can add alone up to 7 people in a family group. That is, you can have a family group with fewer than seven people, but no more than seven.
We are already done! If the information contained in this post was useful to you, remember to share it with all your friends who own a Nintendo Switch, see you in the next post!