With this app, available for Android and iPhone devices, you can scan whiteboards, pictures, receipts, sketches and anything else that comes to mind.
An internet connection is not required to scan. However, an internet connection is required to upload the scanned files to your Dropbox cloud.
How to create a PDF by scanning a document with Dropbox on Android and iPhone
The app works similarly on both devices. We will explain how to create a PDF by scanning a document into Dropbox.
First of all, you need to download the application on your device from the latest version of the Google Play Store or App Store, which is available for free.
Then you have to follow the corresponding steps to create an account in Dropbox, which is also free and will take no more than 10 minutes to complete.
Open the app on your device and log into your Dropbox account. Next, to scan a new document you need to click on the “+” icon. The next thing to do is to choose Scan Document. In case you haven't granted permissions to the app, you will need to do so.
Once done, you can take a picture what you want to turn into a document or select one you already have in the gallery. To do this, you need to click on the photo icon you have in the lower left corner.
In case you take a photo, the application delimits the shape of the object you are about to scan. You must make sure that:
- The document is not folded
- Have enough light to be seen clearly, but not dazzled
- Place your cell phone on what you are photographing as straight as possible
- Only include what you want to scan.
You can scan multiple images or move on to editing the document. If what you are scanning is something that has multiple pages, we recommend that you scan all the images together so that they are later saved in one document.
To do this, click on the “+” icon you have at the bottom of the screen in the preview of the image you just scanned. When you're done adding all the images, click Next at the top of the screen.
Now you just have to edit and organize the scanned image. To do this, in the preview of the document it is possible to modify it by clicking on the icon with the three lines at the bottom of the screen.
You can manually change the area of the scanned image by moving the points of the sky surrounding the image. If you want to organize the scanned pages, press Organize for a few seconds at the bottom of the screen.
When you're done giving all the taps, click Save As. You need to name the file and configure the file type. You can choose JPG, JPEG, PNG or PDF. In case there are more than one image, i.e. the document has multiple pages, it only allows you to save them in PDF.
Then set the quality of the image making slide your finger left to be low or right to increase image quality.
Finally choose a location to save the file and click OK to close and save the changes.
Some Dropbox features
- Detect automatically the text in scanned documents of the Dropbox Business version in PDF files, with the OCR function (optical character recognition).
- Scan images and documents by detecting what type of file they are.
- It has automatic and intelligent crop detection. You can change the area to be cropped manually in the edit.
- If you choose a chalkboard format, you have three backgrounds to choose from. White, black, original.
- It allows to adjust the contrast to improve the image quality.
- Smart name suggestion based on scanned documents.
- Intelligent rotation and arrangement of documents. If you didn't get the right image, it fixes it automatically.
- Online cloud storage to avoid taking up storage space on your device or having it as a backup.
Hopefully this article on how to scan a PDF document into Dropbox ti was helpful. If you have any questions, you can leave them in the comments so we can help.
Trending Topic Articles:
- telegram channels to watch motogp live and free now
- where to watch nba live streaming with telegram now
- best telegram channels to watch football streaming tv now
- watch tennis streaming free on telegram best channels now
- best telegram channels to watch and download movies and series now
- best telegram channels to watch formula 1 live and free now