This was a big step forward in the field of programming Informatics, since anyone without being a technician can install an operating system. If you want to create a bootable Windows 10 USB in Ubuntu, here you will learn how to do it step by step so as not to confuse the mind.
Requirements for creating a bootable USB
Not only will your desire be enough, in order to create a bootable USB with Windows 10 in Ubuntu, you must also have a number of requirements. Next, you will get to know all the requirements that you will need to satisfy before you start creating a bootable USB with Windows 10 in Ubuntu.
- Flash Drive (USB). You must have a USB with at least 6GB of storage space for the Windows 32 10-bit ISO image. Conversely, if you want to use the 64-bit ISO image, your USB must be at least 8GB.
- Windows 10 ISO image. The Windows 10 ISO image is nothing more than the operating system you are about to insert, but in a format DVD o CD. You can get this image on Microsoft's official website, so that you can download it safely and without any viruses.
- Ubuntu operating system. Ubuntu is an open source operating system, which is part of the GNU Linux project and has an excellent interface to work with. This operating system it will need to be installed on your computer if you want to create a bootable USB with Windows in Ubuntu.
- Guai USB. This is a powerful application compatible with your Ubuntu operating system, which will allow you to create a Windows 10 installation flash drive. WoeUSB will also allow you to create bootable devices with Windows XP, 7 and 8.1, to give you more versatility and you can use it with any version of Windows.
If you already have these requirements, it's time you started building your Windows 10 bootable USB in Ubuntu once and for all. Also, you may be interested in how to make a bootable USB with Windows 10.
Steps to create Windows 10 bootable USB in Ubuntu
Having downloaded the Windows 10 ISO image and application to your Ubuntu computer WoeUSb, you will be able to make your USB bootable. These are the instructions you need to follow to the letter if you want to quickly create a bootable Windows 10 USB in Ubuntu:
- Install the tool WoeUSB on your Ubuntu OS computer.
- Insert your USB device into your PC, for this it will be necessary to enable the USB ports in Windows, then open the folder of your computer and in the left panel you will see a list where your USB will appear. Do click right on it and in the window that will open, you need to select the “Format” tab to format the USB.
- Then, the “Volume Format” window will open in which you need to choose the type of “NTFS format” and the name that the USB will have.
- Next, you will see a confirmation notice to format the USB where you will click on “In format” and it will be formatted.
- Now you will need to access the WoeUSB application by double clicking on the application icon.
- When you open the application, you will select the first tab to find the image ISO in Windows 10 on your computer.
- Next, choose your USB in the next tab called “Target Device”.
- Finally, you will click on "Install" and you will confirm any permissions required by the application to create Windows 10 bootable USB.
By following all these guidelines and taking into account the above requirements, you will be able to create a Windows 10 Bootable USB in Ubuntu step by step. If you want to continue learning from the best tutorial technology, be sure to follow this post, where you will get the answers you need every day.