Creating a partition on your hard drive is extremely useful. This is mostly for doubts that the OS is corrupt or we just want to format for some special reason. Although you can also create a hard drive partition without formatting your PC with some programs.
If we have certain data in a disk partition and the operating system in another partition, when formatting we do not need to create a backup urgently as important data can be saved in the new partition.
The only problem is that if the drive fails it doesn't matter where the i is important data, all partitions will be inaccessible, depending on the disk failure.
However, partition the hard drive is an excellent idea. Even if you don't want to do it this way anymore, we will show you a step by step tutorial so that you can quickly learn how to delete a partition from my hard drive in Windows 10.
How to wipe a partition from my hard drive in Windows 10
- The first thing we will do is press the button " Windows ”To open the context menu.
- Now we have to write " Run "And press" Submit ".
- Subsequently, I typed " diskmgmt.msc ”To open Disk Management.
- After that you will have to right click on the partition you want to delete, after which you will have to choose " Delete volume ".
- Now you have to click on " Yes ”To delete the partition. Subsequently, this space will be classified as an unassigned space.
After deleting a partition, you will probably need to resize the remaining partitions, merge, shrink, extend, etc. For this we will use a very useful tool called EaseUS Partition Master.
What is this app about? It is used to manage disks and has a large number of functions. With the app you can also delete partitions, but it doesn't stop there just because it will allow us to resize, hide, show, create and merge partitions.
Delete the hard drive of the Windows 10 partition
And since we are talking about this powerful tool, we will see a little further below how to delete or wipe a partition from my hard drive with Windows 10. Exactly with the EaseUS Partition Master application this is too easy.
- After downloading and activating EaseUS Partition Master from its official website, what we need to do is start the program from the desktop icon or from the beginning by pressing the " Windows ”On the keyboard.
- When you have the app open, you will need to right click on the partition you want to delete data from and choose " Delete dati ".
- A window appears asking us when we want to delete the data.
- Now you will have to click on the button that says " Perform 1 operation ”And located in the upper right corner of the screen. Then press " OK ”To delete the data from the partition in question.
However, if you don't want to delete a partition on your hard drive in order not to lose that information, we recommend that you learn how to extend the volume of a hard drive partition. This way you can get more space without having to delete an entire partition.
Hope this step by step guide to learn a delete a partition from my hard drive in Windows has been very useful to you. Remember that if you still have any kind of doubt on this topic, you can leave it in the comments box that you will find a little further below and we will be happy to answer you.