There are people who prefer to use different social networks due to the rise and competition between them. However, there is one that stands out above all others, and is often ranked as the best social network in recent years: Instagram.
Instagram is an application that focuses more than anything on sharing photos. Although, over time and since Facebook acquired it, it has focused on other small details like sharing your posts in stories or discovering new content based on your tastes.
Plus, it's easy to use and will make you look the best in your life in front of all your friends and family. Also, as a small addition to all social networks aside from the main attraction, there are private messages.
Private messages or Instagram conversations have everything you could ask for in a conversation - from voice notes to sharing content.
But, faced with our need to be able to keep a clean inbox or just want to delete past messages that can affect us in some way, it is always smart to know how to delete a conversation or message within Instagram. Therefore, below we will give you a step by step guide on how to do this.
Delete Instagram conversations
Deleting an entire conversation from Instagram is a very simple thing to do. In fact, all you have to do is follow the next step.
- First, you start by entering yours private mailbox. Note that messages can only be accessed through the mobile app, so don't worry about using the app on the website.
- Once you are there, you need to find the conversation you want to delete. Keep in mind this is a final process, so you should be sure you want delete everything.
- When you find the conversation and you know you want to delete it. Tap the conversation with your finger and swipe it left if you have an iPhone. Here you will see the option to delete the conversation in a red button. Press it and confirm the action.
- If, on the other hand, your Smartphone is an Android, all you have to do is touch the conversation with your finger and hold it down until the option to delete the conversation. Confirm that you just want to do it.
The whole process is very simple and it won't take you more than a few seconds to be able to do it.
Delete Instagram messages
However, if you want to delete specific messages from a conversation but not the conversation itself, you will have to " delete the message »If it is yours.
When this happens, the message will also cease to exist in the inbox of the user who received it, even though they may have read it before you did. To perform this process, follow these steps:
- You have to go into the inbox and then into the conversation where the messages you want to delete are hosted. Please note that you can only access it via the mobile app.
- Then, tap the message you want to cancel and hold the message until you get the option to do so.
- Finally, select the option for undo and confirm that you wish to cancel it and that's it!
Note that messages sent by someone else cannot be deleted from a conversation. In this case, you need to delete the entire conversation as a whole. Furthermore, if for some reason you have deleted a conversation by mistake, you can easily recover it thanks to the tools that Instagram offers you.