How to delete Instagram search history?
- Log into your Instagram account.
- Go to option "Adjustment" which you will find in the upper right corner with the icon of three horizontal stripes (or three dots); click that icon to bring up a side menu.
- When this menu appears, choose the option "Settings" with a cogwheel icon.
- Click on the option "Safety" and several options will appear.
- Now you need to choose the option "Search history", where you will see all the searches you have done recently on Instagram.
- You have to click on the option "Clear search history" (in some devices it says «Erase all» and it is in the upper right part of the screen, written in blue); Immediately you will see a pop-up window with a message in which you need to confirm if you are sure to delete your search history, then you need to press "Keep it going" to delete the history.
- The search history will be cleared immediately, remaining in the past.
Keep in mind that the clearing the search history is a temporary operation, because a new history will be generated when you search for other accounts or hashtags; then, you will need to follow the above steps to delete the new history you created.
Also note that even if you delete your search history, you may see the accounts you deleted as suggested results.
When you delete your history you will do it completely, that is, you will delete all searches (accounts, locations and hashtags). But if what you want is to make a specific search disappear, Instagram allows you to specifically delete that search.
Steps to delete a particular search:
- When you log into the main page of your Instagram account, you have to go to the bottom where you need to press the magnifying glass icon to direct you to the search page.
- È necessario click on the search bar at the top of the screen.
- A list with the recent searches you have made will be displayed, next to each location, account or hashtag you will find an X; tap that X for remove that search exclusively.
If you search again for that account, hashtag or location that you hidden, it will appear again in the recent searches list.
Many Instagram users follow the above steps for delete the history of searches with the intention of guaranteeing one's privacy; But you have to keep in mind that having a search history on any social network brings some advantages.
Benefits of Search History:
- Make it easy to find the accounts, locations, or hashtags you visit frequent.
- If your kids have an Instagram account, their search history will help you see which accounts or hashtags visit your children when they use this social network.
- It is used to search for an account that you have visited and therefore do not remember what its username was.
- Depending on the type of account you visit regularly, Instagram will suggest to users similar content to those accounts.
Instagram is the most popular social network today and has captivated millions of people around the world, giving them more chances than any other social networks ; Therefore, if you are addicted to Instagram, make your account unique and have a large number of followers.