Privacy is very important when using our computers, it is for this reason that we have prepared this tutorial where you will learn how delete recent files in Windows 10 Explorer.
Windows is gradually storing those files that we have recently opened on our computers. This can be useful in certain circumstances, however, it could also affect your privacy in case other users access your computer. Below, we will show you the ways you can hide this information very easily.
What are recent Windows 10 files and apps?
When we refer to recent files and applications in the Windows 10 explorer, we are talking about all those documents, such as images or videos that we have opened during our last uses, is a kind of record which carries the operating system.
This option is useful if you are the sole owner of the computer, as it will allow you to easily access those documents that you use constantly. Either way, it can represent a privacy issue if someone else is using the computer, as they will be able to see all those files they have recently opened.
This can be solved if you are using alternatives to Windows Explorer, but it is also possible to perform a cleanup in conventional Explorer. Today we will talk about some ways to delete recent files from your browser, in this way you will protect your privacy from any intruder or person using your computer.
How to delete recent files in Windows 10 Explorer
It is very important to know actions such as reversing file selection in Windows Explorer and hiding recently opened files in Windows Explorer. Likewise we will teach you how to hide frequent applications that appear at the beginning.
Hide recently opened files in the browser
If what you want is to disable the recent files that are in the quick launch folder, you should know that it is quite simple, because by making some settings you can correctly disable this function which on certain occasions can be annoying:
- For this I say that what you need to do is go to the folder options, go to any folder by opening the explorer.
- Now you need to locate the "View" section which you can find at the top of the screen, tap on it.
- On the right side of the screen is the "Options" section, click there.
- Towards the end you will find the “Privacy” window, there are two options which are “Show recently used files in quick access” and “Show frequently used folders in quick access”. You have to disable both options.
Once you have done the previous configuration, all you have to do is click on the option "OKAY".
By following the previous tutorial, you will be able to properly disable hints for recently opened files in Explore resources , making sure that no suggestions for previously opened files are displayed. On the other hand, it is also possible to delete the suggestions of the contacts application and many others in Windows.
Hide recently opened apps
There is another place where the files and items recently opened, we refer specifically to the Windows start menu. Observing recent files has its usefulness, however it can also be annoying as it violates your privacy in a certain way. Even so, you can successfully disable this option, this can be done as follows:
- The first thing to do is to open the system configuration options, to do this kind of configuration at startup and click that option.
- Once you are in the system configuration options, locate the "Personalization" section, click on it.
- On the left side of the screen are all the tabs representing the changes you can make. Locate the "Start" section and click on it.
- As you can see, there are several options, the functions that interest us this time are “Show recently added applications”. "Show the most used applications." "Show suggestions occasionally at startup", finally "Show recently opened items in shortcut lists at startup or on the taskbar", you can to enable o disable these options as you see fit.
Once you disable the options that we have presented previously, nothing will be displayed about the frequent use of applications in Windows 10, thus being able to configure the privacy of Windows 10 if other users use the computer.