However, in new SSDs this is not at all necessary. Do you want learn how to disable it? Next, we will see a fairly detailed tutorial where you will appreciate how to turn off automatic defragmentation and if you need it, how to schedule it to do every now and then and that way you don't have to worry about keeping your mechanical drive in good condition.
The tutorial is quite simple and in seconds you will be able to edit whatever you think is necessary. Don't worry, because if you make a mistake, nothing happens. As these options do not change anything important to the operating system. You can always start over without any problems.
How to avoid automatic defragmentation in Windows 10
- It is not at all complicated to disable automatic defragmentation in Windows 10. For this we will have to follow the steps that we will see below.
- The first thing we will do is press " Start »And type» System «, Then press enter.
- Now we will have to go to the left sidebar of the screen where we can see the option " Protection of system."
- A new window will open in which we will have to click on the button » Configure «.
- Now you have to check the box that says " Disable system protection »And then click on» OK «.
How to disable automatic disk defragmentation
This way we can disable system restore and Windows will no longer defragment the disk in any way. Don't worry about the TRIM which is responsible for marking empty memory blocks so that in this way an SSD drive runs much faster.
Remember that solid drives (SSDs) don't need to be defragmented. However, in the case of mechanical disks, a defragmentation must be performed from time to time. You can schedule an automatic defragmentation at the times you want easily enough to keep them in peak condition.
- For this we will press " Start And then we write defragmentation and hit enter in the first result.
- A window opens automatically in which we can optimize the disk of our computer. If you click on » Change configuration »We will access another window where you can schedule disk maintenance.
- Here we can specify how often we want a scheduled defragmentation to run. We can configure it to do it every day, week or once a month. The recommended option is to do this every week in case you use your computer too much.
It's that simple disable automatic disk defragmentation in Windows 10. Remember that it is very important if you have mechanical disks that you defrag from time to time, otherwise you will start having problems little by little.
If you still have some kind of question about how to disable defragmentation in Windows 10 you can leave it a little further down in the comment box and we will be happy to help you with whatever is needed.
On our site you will also find an article on how to activate and deactivate the concentration assistant in Windows 10.