Today we go to see how to turn off device application sync in windows 10 in an extremely simple way and above all in very few steps.
An interesting feature of Windows 10 is the ability to synchronize applications between devices. In this way we can start work on the computer and then resume it comfortably on a tablet that has Windows 10 and the same account.
It can be very useful, although for some people it can also be annoying. In any case, we will see a little below what we need to do to disable the synchronization of applications between devices.
This functionality is found from the Windows 10 settings menu, is found in shared experiences and is enabled by default in the operating system. However, if you don't like it, you don't have to leave it activated, as we can quickly disable it in minutes.
The good thing is that we have two methods of doing this. One of these is right from the Windows configuration, which, perhaps, for the most part, would be the simplest method. However, we can also do it from the Windows registry itself.
Then we will go through both methods so that there is no doubt, decide which of them is best for you. But the end result will be the same. You will have application synchronization completely disabled between devices.
Disable app syncing between devices in Windows 10
- The first thing we will have to do is go to start, you can press the button located at the bottom left with the Windows logo or the " Windows ”On your physical keyboard.
- Then click on the cogwheel icon located on the left side.
- A window opens " Windows settings ". Here you will have to click on " System ".
- Let's go to the configuration window, in the left sidebar you will have to look for the section " Shared experiences ".
- In this section we will find the settings we need to change. What we have to do is look at the section " Share between devices ”And deactivate this option by pressing the switch.
What this option does is that the apps we have between mobile devices, tablets and computers are in sync. It can be completely disabled by moving the switch so that it is off and disabled.
How to disable app syncing from the Windows registry
- In case you want to disable apps from the Windows registry this can also be done and it's actually quite simple.
- All we have to do is press start and type " regedit “, Then press enter.
- Next, you will see that the Windows registry opens and we will have to navigate through the left sidebar to the path: HKEY_CURRENT_USER Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion CDP
- In this section we will find the following values: CdpSessionUserAuthzPolicy, NearShareChannelUserAuthzPolicy e RomeSdkChannelUserAuthzPolicy. In case these do not appear, what we need to do is create new 32-bit DWORD values, of course they must have the names mentioned.
- The value must be 0 in the case of the first two. While in the last the value it should be 1.
As you can see if you do this from the same Windows options or from its registry. It is too easy to disable application synchronization between devices with this operating system.
Likewise, if you still have questions about how to disable synchronization between devices with Windows 10. You can leave it in the comment box that you will find a little below and we will be happy to help you in whatever is needed.