To begin with, you should know that the notifications are notifications that reach our mobile phone, they may come from applications we use or from those we no longer use. In most cases they are used to advertise an application or to remind you that you can use it whenever you want.
There are times when these notifications are very useful, for example, if it is a WhatsApp message that we have not seen, we can realize that we have it. But, when they are notifications from many applications, it can get annoying to get a different notification every minute.
If at any time getting these notifications today tires you, you'll learn in a few simple steps how to turn them off. You will also know the benefits of not receiving these types of alerts.
Steps to disable Android app notifications
As we have already mentioned, these alerts are the means that some applications use to make you aware that they are still there. In this way, the application guarantees that you will continue to use it, however, it can get a little annoying if we get a lot of them a day.
By following the steps you will see below, you can disable notifications of the applications you want or, failing that, you can disable those of all applications:
- The first thing to do is to determine which applications you do not want to receive notifications from.
- Once you have decided, enter your mobile settings.
- Click on applications, all the applications you have on your phone will appear.
- Select what you are looking for and when you enter it, click notifications.
- Once inside, several options will appear and you have to choose to block notifications and that's it.
This same process, you have to do it with all the applications you don't do you want more receive notifications. If you want to know if you are aware of it, you have to enter the application directly.
An important thing to note is that there are some applications that we want to receive notifications from, but we don't want them to appear as a pop-up message. Again the procedure to eliminate it it's very simple:
- Enter your phone settings.
- Select the applications and press the one you want to change.
- Once inside, hit the notifications.
- Of all the options you will see, you have to turn off the notification preview and that's it.
This way you will continue to receive notifications from that application, without immediately showing you the message it says. In case you wish to receive notifications again, do the same procedure, but disable the blocking, simply by activating Android's do not disturb mode to block notifications.
Benefits of removing app notifications
It seems strange to think that, removing notifications from my pop-up applications on Android, it may have advantages, but it does and they are the following:
- The battery of your mobile will last longer, because the notifications that made you run out of battery quickly no longer reach you.
- You will no longer be bothered to receive notifications multiple times from every application you have.
- You will be able to prioritize alerts that are truly important to you.
- You will not waste time checking your mobile every time a notification arrives, to realize that it is information that does not interest you. This time each time you review it, you will only have the warnings you need to read.
- You will truly be in control of what comes in and does not reach your cell phone.
As you may have noticed, deactivating applications on your Android phone is one quick and easy procedure and the best part is that it gives you advantages. Now, if you have already managed to turn off notifications on your mobile thanks to this information, don't forget to keep reading the articles on this blog.
You may also be interested in learning about this topic: How to Hide Photos, Videos and Files on AndroidApp