Windows 10 automatic maintenance
Like previous versions, Windows 10 features a automatic maintenance system, which will be performed daily to perform various tasks related to computer control. The truth is that this feature is done to keep the computer stable.
In any case, although many times it is positive, on other occasions it can present a problem, and although it is always more advisable to change the schedule for general maintenance, you should also know how to disable this function completely. Through the following tutorial we will teach you how to do it very easily.
How to disable or remove automatic maintenance in Windows 10
On certain occasions it is necessary disable automatic maintenance of equipment inside Windows 10. There are several ways to do this and today we will teach the simplest and most practical.
Through the control panel
Undoubtedly one of the easiest ways to remove automatic maintenance is through the control panel. Through the Windows control panel it is possible to perform many configurations and also those related to the maintenance of the equipment, read the following guide to learn how to do it.
- This method is quite simple, the first thing you should do is go to “Control Panel”, you can access it very easily by clicking on Start and searching for it through the search options.
- Once the "Control panel", click on it to access system configuration options. There you should look for the "Safety and Maintenance" section.
- The safety and maintenance section will show all the maintenance and care options for your equipment, you have to locate the “Maintenance” tab once found, press on it.
- The “Automatic Maintenance” section should appear below it on the right hand side is the option "Change maintenance settings".
- As you can see, there is a time in this place, in which the time when the automatic maintenance will start will be chosen. There is no option to disable maintenance from here, in any case if there is a functional hack.
- All you have to do is select a moment in cui you don't use your computer, in this way the automatic maintenance will not be performed. Likewise, it is advisable to disable the “Allow scheduled maintenance to reactivate the appliance at the scheduled time” box.
On the other hand, after making the related configurations, it would be very convenient to lock the Windows 10 control panel so that no one makes future changes.
Through the registry
In case the above option isn't enough for you, you can also enable it the maintenance disablement by modifying the Regedit registers. It is a fairly simple process that you can do as follows.
- You should go to the application "Run", which you can locate via the start menu or by pressing it with the vibration of the "Windows + R" keys.
- When you open the application, run, type the following “Regedit”, this way you will enter the “Registry Editor”, a space where many program and system factors can be changed.
- This time you will need to go to a folder, specifically it has to go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows NT CurrentVersion Schedule Maintenance.
- Once there, you need to create a new key, for this, right-click on the contents of the folder, then click "New" and then click “Valore DWORD (32 bit)”.
- Change the name of the value created by "MaintenanceDisabled" and double click on it, in the section "Value information" enter the number "1" and then click on the "OK" option.
For more information, please note that Windows offers more organization, maintenance, and functionality options. This is the case with the programming of automatic shutdown and PC start-up, which can be useful for protecting the equipment.