Steps to stop receiving Facebook notifications by email:
From the PC:
- Log into your Facebook account by entering your email or phone number and password. If you have forgotten your password, it is easy to recover it.
- Once inside your profile, go to the top right corner and click on the arrow.
- When a menu is displayed, select the option " Settings and privacy ".
- In the new menu select the 'Settings' option.
- A side menu will immediately appear on the left side of the screen; Find the option "Notifications" and click there.
- In the "Notification Settings" section you have to scroll to the end where you will find the option " E-mail ”, on the right side of that option you will find an arrowhead, click there to see all the options.
- After clicking on the arrow you will see the email you connected to your Facebook account; You will also see all the notifications you can turn off to stop receiving emails from Facebook. You can deactivate all options or just the ones you don't care about receive in your mail; for example, comments, friend requests, reminders, birthday dates of your friends, among others.
Note that if you have more than one email registered in your Facebook account, notifications will be disabled in the main email, but they will continue to arrive in the secondary email. It can also happen that you keep getting notifications outside of Facebook, so that those notifications don't keep coming you can block those apps from Facebook.
From Facebook Lite:
- Open the Facebook Lite app.
- Once inside your profile, go to the top right corner and click on three horizontal lines.
- When a menu is displayed, look for and select the “Configuration” option.
- In the "Settings" section, look for the "Notifications" section.
- In this section you need to select the option 'Notification settings'.
- You will immediately see a list of all the notifications you receive.
- If you want to disable all notifications, you have to click on each notification and move the switch to the right side of the option " E - email ”On the left to disable this notification (the switch will change from blue to white). You can disable some notifications and leave others, or disable them all.
It should be noted that if at any time you would like to re-enable these notifications, you can do so by following the steps above, so from that moment you will start receiving notifications in your email.
What are Facebook notifications for?
Facebook notifications are used for inform the account owner of what is happening on his profile while not connected; For example, you will be notified if a person has sent you a friend request, if someone has commented on one of your publications or if they have tagged you in a publication, among others. These notifications will not only reach your Facebook account, but also the email you have associated with Facebook or via SMS.
Sometimes it's annoying to have your email filled with Facebook notifications, but if you don't constantly check your Facebook account it's important that you know what's going on in it, via SMS, mail or in the app, as some people can hack your Facebook account. account to use it for illegal purposes; If you don't receive notifications you will never know what is going on inside your account or it will be too late to try to recover the hacked facebook account.
To avoid saturating the mail with so many notifications, you can disable unimportant ones and leave the essential notifications, you will then notice that the amount of emails will drop dramatically.TagsFacebook