Therefore, in case your computer does not have many resources, the ideal would be to deactivate it or uninstall it to avoid consuming resources that we do not have.
Windows has its own antivirus, you can schedule a scan in Windows Defender Antivirus, it's quite effective and it's seamlessly integrated into the operating system. So in terms of optimization and performance it is one of the best. Although you can check the best free and paid antivirus for Windows PC and pick one.
However, the malware can be removed with the Malicious Software Removal Tool, but it's not exactly perfect and can constantly consume a lot of resources on your computer. So we will see all the steps you need to follow for disable the Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool.
A little further down you will see a simple tutorial where you will not only see step by step how to uninstall it. If not, we'll also teach you how to prevent it from being reinstalled. So that, once and for all, you don't have to go through it again.
How to uninstall the Software Removal Tool in Windows
Fortunately, uninstalling the Software Removal Tool is something simple enough to do and we will go through the step-by-step process you will need to go through to get it.
- The first thing to do is to press "Start" and then type “CMD”.
- You open " Command Prompt ”As administrator by right-clicking on it. You will be able to appreciate that a small menu opens in which you will have the option to open it as an administrator.
- What we will do next is run the command wusa / uninstall / kb: 890830 / quiet / norestart to uninstall the application.
How to prevent installation of the Malicious Software Removal Tool
We also have the possibility of manipulate the register to prevent installation of the malicious software tool. For this you will have to follow these steps. Of course, remember that before you start manipulating the Windows registry, it's very important to make a backup copy of it.
- The first thing you will need to do is press "Start" or key "Windows" on the keyboard. After that we will write regedit and press enter.
- With the Windows registry open we are going to navigate through the path HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINEN SOFTWARE Policies Microsoft MRT
- In case you don't I could find out “MRT”, what you will need to do is create it. This is something very simple and for this we will right-click on "Microsoft", then we will have to choose "New" and in key we will have to write “MRT”
- Then we click on “MRT” and go to the right panel. Here we will have to click on an empty space and choose the value DWORD (32 bit) e call it DontOfferThroughWUAU.
- It doesn't matter if your Windows is 64-bit, you have to choose 32-bit here. You must also enter the value in 1. To do this, double-click DontOfferThroughWUAU and then assigns 1 in the value.
- Finally, what you will need to do is restart your computer, this way the changes are applied and you will no longer have to deal with the malicious software tool.
As you can see, it is quite easy to remove the tool in question. Likewise, remember that if you have any kind of doubt about this topic, you can leave it a little further down in the comment box and we will try to help you as quickly as possible.