It should be noted that Windows 10 updates behave like any process. Therefore, we will explain the main methods on how disable automatic updates forever in Windows 10, so that the operating system can only do it when you decide.
How to disable updates by creating a group policy
One of the most used options to delete forever automatic updates of Windows 10 is creating Group Policy with the GPE editor, as we'll see below.
- First of all, proceed to opening the start menu of Windows 10 on your computer.
- Now, you need to type "Run" in the search engine and press "OK" on the keyboard.
- Now, in the new pop-up window you will have to type " gpedit.msc ”And again you will have to press the“ OK ”icon.
- In the new window displayed with the name of "Local computer policies", it is necessary to select the subfolder "Administrative Templates".
- Hence, it is necessary select “Windows Components”.
- Now you will need to find and select the folder with the name "Windows Update".
- New options will immediately appear, within which you need to select “Configure automatic updates”.
- Now, the option " Policy settings ”Will appear on the left side of the screen, which you need to select.
- At this point, a new window will be displayed where, within the sub-category of "Automatic updates configuration", it is necessary to select the option " Disabled ".
- Now you need to click on the “OK” icon to save the changes made.
Note that you will need to restart your computer to make sure the changes take effect on your computer and you will say goodbye to automatic updates.
How to disable updates using Windows 10 drivers
While you may not know it, Microsoft has a tool that allows you to disable automatic updates for Windows 10 via its drivers. This arises with the aim of avoiding possible conflicts with the system.
Therefore, it is recommended that you update to the latest version of Windows 10 before reinstalling any driver, so that no problems occur. Next, we will show you how disable the updates using Windows 10 drivers.
- First, from your PC you need to click on the start icon of Windows.
- Next, you need to locate and select the “System Setup” icon.
- Next, it is necessary click on the icon with the name of "Update and security".
- At this point a new window will appear, in which it is necessary to select “Windows Update”. You can easily update this.
- Next, you need to locate and select the "Check for updates" icon.
- Finally, you have to select the “Update Now” icon.
In this practical and simple way, you will install driver updates for your Windows 10 operating system, disabling automatic updates on your PC.
Enable metered usage on Wi-Fi connection
This option is designed so that users with a speed limited data don't waste their precious megabytes on heavy upgrades. That is, it is suitable only for those computers that connect to the Internet only via Wi-Fi.
Therefore, below, we will easily show you how to disable updates using the tool measured use of Windows 10.
- First of all, you need to access the " Wi-Fi settings "From your computer.
- Then, you will need to find and select “Advanced Options”.
- Finally, in the window that appears on the screen, it is necessary select the “Connection metered usage” option.
In conclusion, as you can see, Windows 10 automatic updates have generated a lot of problems like freezing and looping in the computers where it is stored. That's why with these simple methods you can disable automatic updates in your Windows 10 operating system, saving you any kind of inconvenience that may arise.