Starting in 2004, Microsoft decided to add a firewall program to their computers, to improve it over time. Windows Defender is the result of this approach, antivirus and essential firewall for new versions of the operating system.
Being the strong protector of network connections, it fulfills the purpose of manage data transmission which are exchanged through the computer. Likewise, it provides a series of certain parameters that have been established by the operating system, but which can be changed and added manually by the user who uses it.
Having clarified all this, every time a data does not respect the rules, it will be blocked by the computer and will thus allow continue to protect your computer from malicious invaders.
However, there are circumstances that justify deactivating the service provided by this new software, so we will teach you how to do it if you need to.
Use these methods to disable Windows Defender from your computer!
Although it seems a little strange to disable a default means of protection of the operating system, in certain situations it is necessary.
For this reason, the option is enabled in the Windows 10 auditing settings. This is the easiest and recommended way to do this.
Disable Windows Defender from the Windows security settings
If you want to stop the shield protecting network traffic, you just need to get in Windows Defender Security Center.
- To get started, you need to go to the "Start" menu and type the word "Firewall" into the search bar. The content will show a series of options, among which you will select the one that bears the name of "Firewall and network protection".
- A configuration window will open on the screen showing the three types of network connections used by the Windows Defender functions.
- Next to each you will see a small sign that says "Active", and it is at this point that you must select the network you are currently connected to to deactivate it.
- After clicking on it, the setting will appear «Windows Defender Firewall», which includes the switch you have to slide to disable protection.
- Before finalizing, a pop-up window will appear asking if you are sure of your decision. After confirmation, the defense change will be made.
Disable Windows Defender using CMD
Despite being a command-only method, yes recommends disabling the firewall by default, because if you are not very familiar with running the command prompt, you could create unknown and irreversible changes.
You start by running the command box as an administrator, so that each configuration is applied and enabled by the operating system.
We advise you to execute two types of commands, as they are the least specific and will help you directly achieve the goal of disabling this Windows 10 protection:
- Enter » netsh advfirewall set allprofiles state off »If you want to disable all types of networks protected by Windows Defender.
- » Netsh advfirewall sets the status of the current profile off »If you only want to change the active profile as far as the connection is concerned.
- Finally, to reverse these steps, you need to enter the same command, but changing the word »off» to »on«.
Why should you disable Windows 10 features?
Since it is a requirement to complete computer protection, It is not recommended to disable the protection provided by this firewall. However, there are some situations where it is necessary to stop the service temporarily or permanently.
One such case presents a connection problem with your computer's browser, as Windows Defender may acquire all addresses as threats. On the other hand, you can also restrict access to a specific page or block a program that you want to use and that requires an Internet connection.
Whatever the reason for disabling this amazing protection for Windows 10, remember that reversing this decision is just as easy through the steps shown above, as keeping your computer safe is a priority for you.TagsWindows Defender