The keys on the first line of our computer or laptop are known as shortcuts and they are called function keys. This is why they all start with F and are followed by numbers ranging from 1 to 12. This causes annoyance to users, so in this article, learn how to disable the F1 help key.
These keys each have specific functions from F1 to F12. You may or may not know all its benefits, the truth is that there is a specific one that usually activates by itself or by mistake.
Despite the fact that these keys work as shortcuts previously designate from the installed operating system, in this case Windows. Many of these have been obscured due to new interfaces. Despite this, it never hurts to know what each one means. Maybe at some point you will need it.
Obviously starting from the protagonist and first in line, the F1 key has the task of start a sale of help programs in course right now. It's called How can I get help on Windows? And it directs you to the service and support center.
The window Windows Help it's like a Bing search that can also be started by itself or by mistake by pressing that key. This is why many users want to disable the F1 help key. Since, once activated, it can cause delays when loading the page, only to close immediately, which is something a little annoying.
In addition to the function keys, the keyboard also has special keys that you can turn on or off.
The other function keys
It is good to have a guide on hand that tells you a what each key is for or what function it was created for. If one gets your attention, and you haven't actually activated it, you can still do it. You are, are the tasks you can do with the other keys:
- With F2 you can change the name of any folder or document you choose, F3 is used wherever we are, open the search menu.
- F5 surely you know it and it is the one we give more use to, that is refresh the browser screen. F6 is useful when you are on the web because, by pressing it, you will find yourself in the URL of the main tab.
- If you are working on a document, F7 is quite useful, since it works like a dictionary, that is, it does a grammar check. While you are still in a Word document, with F8 you can select the text and, if you hold it down when starting the system, it will start a safe mode.
- The F9 has many functions inside the office suite, first if you are in Word you can update the document. And with Excel, you can recalculate a formula. Finally, you can start presentations in Coral Draw as if it were Power Point.
- F10 is a shortcut for the navigation bar. F11 works in such a way that, being in the browser you can bring a tab back to full screen, with F11 you can also restart the computer. And the latest F12 that you can automatically save as Word or Excel documents. Also, it displays a file on the Internet in its HTML code.
Ways to disable F1 help key in Windows 10
There are, in fact, several reasons why this function is activated by itself and several solutions to disable the F1 help key. Your system may have an incorrect configuration or that the key is locked. In this case, it is better to go and check the keyboard and rule out possibilities.
To disable the F1 key via the system or registry and thus make it indefinitely, the steps are as follows:
- Click on "Start" on the desktop and click on " Run » and type "REGEDIT" to open the registry editor.
- Open this code "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMCurrentControlSetServicesNlaSvcParametersInternet". In the right window, double-click "EnableActiveProbing" and a smaller window will open.
- Where it says "Value data" change the number to 0, press "Okay" and close the sale of the registration. Now, you just need to restart Windows and voila you will have managed to disable the F1 help key.
When using these keys it is important to check which keyboard you are working with and what the functions of each of them are.