Disable Windows 10 speech recognition
- The easiest way to disable it is to simply go to " Windows settings ”From the start menu by clicking on the gear icon.
- After that you will simply have to go up Privacy> Speech> Speech Recognition.
- Here all you have to do is move the switch so that it is " off ".
- In this way, speech recognition is disabled and we will not be able to use Cortana or any application that needs to recognize our voice.
However, don't worry if you're using apps like Skype or Discord, as we can continue to use these apps without any kind of problem.
How to disable speech recognition in Windows 10
There is also another method to disable this option. It is a bit more complex to do this, but we leave it for you below:
- The first thing you will do is go up " Start "Or press the" Windows ”On the physical keyboard to open the operating system menu.
- Now you need to type "Control Panel" and hit enter.
- To simplify, type in the search box at the top right " voice "And then click on" Vocal recognition ".
- Next, you will need to click on " Advanced voice recognition options ”Located in the left sidebar of the screen.
- A window opens in which you will have to go to the section " User settings ".
- Here you will need to disable some options: Run speech recognition at startup, check documents and emails to improve accuracy.
- Then you will have to click on the " Apply "And now on" OK ".
- The next thing you will do is restart your device. Once you turn it back on you have to check that everything is deactivated.
How to disable speech recognition in Windows
La Windows speech recognition function it is quite useful for many people, as this way they can control the computer using voice commands. While not all of us are used to doing it this way, it is not necessary to activate this option.
With speech recognition you can even dictate text to your PC, although we have to be too clear and precise for the text to be correct. But for those people who have certain disabilities, speech recognition is a necessary tool to control your computer.
But as you can see, turning it off is not a complicated process at all and in case you don't use it then it's best to leave it permanently disabled. Likewise, if at any time you want to re-enable it, simply repeat the steps, keeping the options active: run speech recognition at startup, review documents and email to improve accuracy.
If you still have any doubts about how to disable or disable speech recognition in windows 10, you can leave it a little further down in the comment box so we can help you solve it.