Through encryption it is possible protect a file in so that no one can access it unless they know the encryption method. It can be very useful in case of sending information or personal data, however there are very simple methods.
In relation to the security of your data, you may also be interested in this tutorial How to set a password on a USB memory without programs - Key on a USB. Likewise, remember that on our site we have tutorials and guides of all kinds and for all circumstances.
What is encryption?
There is a lot of talk about cryptography, but what is it? In short, we can point to the cryptography like any process in which a message is hidden, so that when it is received, only those who know the encryption system can decrypt it.
Cryptography is not something new, in fact hidden messages have existed practically since the beginning of civilization. Today it is even more essential protect our data from almost any file, like Excel, as the virtual world has changed the way we live.
Currently, cryptography uses computer systems, in order to create a kind of algorithm that encodes information so that it cannot be processed by conventional means. In other words, the message, image, video or any type of content can be decoded only by the software that encrypted it.
How to encrypt folders and files for free without programs
There are many ways to password our files, however most encryption techniques require paid software or programs. Even so, there are electives free that do not require the installation of any software.
Today we present one of the simplest methods to encrypt your files, we refer to the Hat.sh website. The page presents a very efficient and very easy to use encryption system, with which you will protect your files from any unscrupulous person who wants to get them.
How to use Hat.sh
As mentioned above, the process of using the Hat.sh tool is very simple, you just have to follow the steps we will teach you to encrypt your documents, so that they cannot be opened in any other way. To perform the procedure easily follow the guide following:
Encrypt the file
- The first step is to go to the website, which can only be accessed from Hat.sh. The site is in English, but its use is quite intuitive and simple, to be read carefully.
- The first thing to do is to click on the button Browse. When you hit there, the system will ask you for the file you want to encrypt.
- Search for the file on your computer, once located, click on it and then on the open option.
- The next step is to click the button below Browse, the one with two arrows. After pressing on it a key will be created, save it.
- Now you need to click on the button Figure. After a few seconds the file will be encrypted.
- The last step is to download said file, to do this click on the option encrypted file located at the bottom of the page. Now you just have to send the document to its recipient.
Decrypt a file
- Follow the instructions from the previous tutorial until third step.
- Once the file is uploaded, provide the encryption key you saved earlier.
- Now click on the option decipher.
- After the above process your decrypted file will appear, hit on file decrittografato to download it.