Microsoft PowerPoint is very useful for all users, as it has many fundamental customizations for the user, such as changing the layout of a slide, insert hyperlinks, add templates.
However, there are times when for some reason we prefer to have a document, file or presentation under a password, so that nobody can see it that way. Therefore, the goal of this article is to make people known quickly and easily how to insert a password in a PowerPoint file or presentation.
How to insert a password in a PowerPoint file or presentation?
Probably one of the methods we use least or don't care about is securing our PowerPoint presentations.
However, this is an extremely necessary process to keep our information safe. And even more so when these presentations contain relevant information about a company and even personal data, among others.
For this reason it is extremely necessary to have the knowledge for set a password for a PowerPoint file or presentation. And while you probably don't need it right now, you'll definitely need this method later on.
Therefore, it is important to note that just as you can add a password in PowerPoint, you will also have the option to remove it at any time. That way, if you don't need it anymore, simply delete it and your file will be back without keys.
Steps to insert a password in a PowerPoint file or presentation
If you want to add a password to a presentation in the PowerPoint program, you need to follow the steps that we will explain below:
- The first thing to do is open the file or the PowerPoint presentation that you want to password protect.
- Then, click on the option Fillet that appears in the upper right area.
- Next, click Information.
- As soon as several alternatives appear, you need to mark where it says Protect document.
- Then, click Encrypt with password
- Once this process is complete, you need to enter a password and do click su OK
- Finally, it is necessary confirm the password and do click again su OK
- This way the file or presentation will be protected with a password.
Please note that the password must be secure. Preferably add a key that only you know. Likewise, it is extremely important to keep it in a safe place, for avoid forgetting it.
Since in case that happens, you will lose the file so permanent bases, as Microsoft doesn't have an option to help you recover your password.
How to remove a password from a PowerPoint file or presentation?
If some time after adding a password to a file in PowerPoint you decide to remove this type of protection and leave it without a password, you need to do the following:
- Access the PowerPoint file or presentation in question.
- Then click Fillet
- Then press the option Information
- So, check it out Protect document
- Select the option Encrypt password
- Remove the password and press OK
This way the file will no longer be password protected. In other words, anyone can access it without any problem.
Finally, we hope this article has helped you. However, we would like to hear from you Do you think it is important to add a password to PowerPoint files? Do you know of another method to enter password in PowerPint? Leave us your answers in the comments.Etiquetas Power outlet