There is a wide variety of instant messaging applications, today we will talk about one of the main skills of WhatsApp, if so we will talk about Telegram and one of its most important functions, when protecting our chats or information.
Sometimes we would like to be able to protect each of our chats, to prevent another person from reviewing it, and this is possible through Telegram, as it will allow us to protect them using a password or access code, which is impossible to do. in the official WhatsApp application.
Well then we will explain what this app is about, in case you don't know it, what other functions it has, but most of all how to encrypt or protect messages.
What is Telegram?
Telegram is one of the many instant messaging applications with the most downloads in the app stores, as it is available for both Android and iOS operating systems. From this application you can perform all the functions of WhatsApp and an additional amount.
Until now, the one thing it doesn't have in common is being able to make a fuss of 24 hours, but instead you can join channels meant for playing music, series and movies, so you can chat while playing your favorite media.
You can also send stickers and even video messages, self-destruct secret messages and chats, and it's even possible to put more than two images in your profile photo, among other tricks and options. But we're here today to teach you how to encrypt your messages.
Why use the Telegram lock?
This application is characterized by providing total security to its users, for this reason it has implemented among the privacy options the possibility of encrypting conversations that it represents with the padlock icon.
The functionality of this option is «secret chat», which means that when you activate it in a conversation with a specific contact, you can send a message to that contact, be it images, videos or text and it will disappear over time. you decide, it can be between 1 and 30 seconds, an hour, a day or disappears at the time of reading. It also ensures that no other person can read your conversations, as it uses end-to-end encryption; therefore, the instant messaging application indicates that its users' chats are protected by third parties. Finally, it should be noted that this particularity does not allow the forwarding of messages to other users.
Likewise, in the FAQ forum of this application, it is indicated that it is designed for people who require more security in their conversations due to the type of data they refer to as opposed to average people and moreover, it should be noted that when you activate the block, the conversations are not part of the Telegram cloud, so you can only access these conversations from the source device.
How to block a Telegram chat
The main goal of this feature is simple, it just tries to prevent people outside of us from take a look at our chats without our consent. This can be done on both operating systems.
Password for Telegram chat on Iphone
- Once you are on your mobile, you just have to open the application and enter the account you want. This is in case you have two registered mobile numbers.
- After that, you need to go to the tab that says adjustment and insert it.
- You have to scroll until you find the option that says "privacy and security". Press on it.
- Press where it says "Code and face ID".
- So you just have to choose " activate code ". Enter the password you want which must have 6 digits.
- Then you just have to press where it says confirm and that's it.
Password for Telegram chat for Android
- Once you are on your mobile, go to the central panel of the application and open the Telegram application.
- After that you have to go to the three horizontal lines which are at the top of the screen. TO the capital market sector, equity side and debt side, in all the preparatory and executive phases for the issue and placement of financial instruments; si will open un menu.
- See where it says "fit". Press it and enter.
- In the settings select the option «privacy and security». Then you have to go to «lock code» and select it. You need to press the switch for this option.
- Once that's done, you have to enter password What do you desire.
- Enough confirm and that's it, all your chats will be protected
Yes, it is also possible to download Telegram on the PC and block these messages from the application on our computers, the process is quite similar to Android devices.
- You must only search for the application and open it.
- Once you have this, you need to go to the options, which are located in the three horizontal stripes located in the upper left part of the screen. To press.
- You just have to search for "settings" and then click on "privacy and security".
- You just have to scroll and press on "Activate code", where you will enter the password you want.
- Hit Save and that's it.
I have already set the password, now what?
Simple, once the password is set and saved on any of the systems listed above. Go to the chat room, where you can see a open padlock in the upper right corner of the screen.
You just have to press on it for an automatic blocking of all chats to occur, to be able to see them is enough enter password And that's it.
In case you want to deactivate the lock function again, follow the same steps and deactivate the options switch or press » disable code »In case of doing it from Windows.
How to recover the Telegram lock code if I have forgotten it
As mentioned earlier in this article, this application has gained favoritism among its users due to its veracity and speed, and its creators have also worked hard to keep it running smoothly. In this way the loss of the password or the loss of the devices containing the application is serious, but it is not impossible to recover it. Here we will teach you the steps so that you can retrieve the Telegram lock code in two ways, via the text message of the number we first registered in this service or via the email we had indicated from the Start:
Recovery via text message
This answer can be applied to both iOS and Android operating systems.
- They will ask you to enter the phone number with which the registration was initially made, it is normal for them to indicate the area code of the country where you are.
- When entering the number you need to press the «Next» option.
- In a time span of two minutes a 5-digit code will arrive, when this code arrives it is entered, in case the waiting time is respected and the message does not arrive, they would give you the opportunity to try again and in this way they will send you a new code again. The application automatically detects when you enter the code that matches the one in the sent message and immediately opens our account.
If you have active email verification, the steps are similar to the above, you just need to know which email to register when you enter the application:
- Enter the application, click on «Forgot password».
- Almost immediately, a message is sent to the email with a 6-digit code that you need to enter to verify that it is the application-affiliated email account that is being recovered.
- By entering this code correctly we will be able to open our account.
- It also gives us the ability to change the password if desired.