When we have a PC we try to have it the most up to date in terms of operating system, be it Windows or Linux. But it's very common for these to reflect a mistake from time to time, and it's boring when we don't know how to correct it. That is why in this article we will teach you how to resolve the error “0xa0000400” when updating Windows 10 so quick and easy, so let's get to it.
Here we will show you several solutions that you can have to resolve the error that Windows 10 presents when updating.
Solution number 1- Reset the Windows 10 system installation USB
Resetting the USB with which Windows 10 is installed can solve the problem, the one you should take into consideration is that it must be fast when reading the program. Here are the steps you need to follow to reach or achieve your goal, and it's solving this rather boring problem.
- Go to the Windows 10 download page in the Microsoft Store.
- Once you are there, go to the section Use the tool to create installation media (USB flash drive, DVD or ISO file) to install Windows 10 on another PC and carefully follow the instructions it presents.
- Then choose the "ISO File" mode found in step 5.
- By applying the previous step you will already have an ISO file.
- Now go to the location of the file on your PC which is usually found in the Download option on your computer.
- Now right click on the Windows 10 ISO file and choose "Open" mode and then "File Explorer".
- Then, click "Setup.exe" and continue with the instructions that the system prompts you.
- Then you'll select the “Clean Install” option and keep your personal documents like that, and voila.
Solution number 2- Turn off the Internet connection
It is very convenient to turn off or turn off the Internet connection when it comes Windows update, although this option is more complex. This mode is very useful when using the Windows Update tool and is safe, as this tool will take care of performing this action.
Solution number 3- Get the latest version of the Windows 10 builder tool
To fix the "0xa0000400" error when updating Windows 10, you can use the latest version of Windows Media Creation. If you are using an older version, perhaps this is the cause of the error, so it is very convenient to update it.
Solution number 4- Apply the Windows troubleshooter
A very useful tool in the Windows 10 operating system is the built-in troubleshooter like Windows Update. This option is essential to do once at the beginning of the error error '0xa0000400' when updating Windows 10. To run this tool, I invite you to follow the following steps which we will describe below.
- Access "Settings" by simultaneously pressing the Windows + I keys.
- Now hit the "Update & Security" option.
- Next, hit the option that appears in the left menu that says "Troubleshooting".
- Here you will find hints that the system requires recommended action, if you see an option hit the fix the problem option and voila.
Solution number 5- Apply disk cleanup on your computer
As a last resort, you can apply the Disk Cleanup utility, as in general it is a very practical tool for deleting temporary files.
- Press the Windows + R keys simultaneously to open the Run box for you.
- In the small text box type "cleanmgr" and press "OK".
- Then a window called “Disk Cleanup for (C :) will open.
- You will now select the following options:
- Program files downloaded.
- Temporary Internet files.
- Trash can.
- Temporary files.
- And finally press the option " Clean system files " this will clean up your computer and that's it.
This way you can fix Windows 10 update issue when '0xa0000400' error appears on your PC. As a last recommendation and not least it is follow the instructions carefully that we have given you here in a simple and simple way.