If you have error 0xc0000018 and you don't know how to fix this problem, we recommend that you read the following guide in which we will talk about How to fix error 0xc0000018 while running applications in Windows?
The error 0xc0000018
Windows is an operating system used by millions of people around the world. Either way, it's not perfect and it's quite well known for displaying more bugs which can hinder the use of the operating system.
THE error 0xc0000018 is one of those many annoying drawbacks of the platform. In fact, it is particularly unfortunate, as it makes it impossible to run multiple programs, such as Microsoft Office, a platform recognized to be a constant victim of this error.
By reading the following information, you may find the solution to this annoying error that usually occurs within the work operating Windows.
How to fix error 0xc0000018 while running applications in Windows?
Solving this problem is usually a simple process, in any case it requires you to follow some very specific instructions, it is for this reason that we recommend that you read the following guide carefully, in which we will indicate a possible solution to the error 0xc0000018.
- To use this possible solution, we will use the "Windows Registry Editor". To open this tool we have several options, the first is by pressing the start button and looking for the “Run” application. The second option is by pressing the Windows + R key combination.
- The two methods mentioned above, should show the “Run” application on the screen, here you have to write the following “Regedit” command with which you can go to the Windows registry editor, click on the accept option.
- By doing the above, you will be directed to the "Windows Registry". This way you can edit the registry by looking for a specific folder. To do this, be sure to go to the following address Computer HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE SOFTWARE WOW6432Node Microsoft Windows NT CurrentVersion Windows.
- Once you are inside the aforementioned folder, you need to look for the following "AppInit_DLLs".
- When you are in the folder of the above entry, you have to double click on it, if you see any information in the “Value information” section, you have to delete it, then press the “Accept” option and restart your computer.
This method is functional on many occasions, but you should be aware of restarting your computer immediately after doing the above process. Now try running the application that caused the problem again.
The error 0xc0000018 is usually related to Microsoft Office, the suite of flagship programs of the Microsoft company, with which it is possible to work in various ways. Indeed, this error usually appears due to problems related to this platform.
If, after downloading and installing Office, you notice that error 0xc0000018 appears while running some programs of this suite, it is better uninstall the application to reinstall it. Under many circumstances, performing this process usually finds the solution to this annoying error.
use the Sfc / scannow command to fix error 0xc0000018 while running applications
The sfc / scannow method is one of the most recommended to fix Windows 10 system. Through this command, it will come performed the system file analysis, this analysis will show you if there is any kind of problem, which could be the occasional error 0xc0000018.
- To use this command, the first thing you need to do is open the Windows console. To do this, go to Windows startup and type “cmd”.
- It should appear "Cmd.exe" right click on it and select the option “Run as administrator”.
- By doing the above, the Windows console should appear on the screen, type “Sfc / scannow” and press the "Enter" key.
After performing the above process, you need to wait for the scan of files on your computer to finish. In case of an error, Windows will notify you. If none of the above options work, we recommend that you reset or reset Windows to fix any errors your system presents.