Fixing blue screen errors in Windows is necessary as there are many types and one of the most common and annoying is the CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT error. If this error has caused you a severe headache, you will soon be able to fix it, because today we explain how to fix CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT blue screen error in Windows.
What is the CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT error and what causes it?
The CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT error is a type of blue screen or screen of death error, which is a BSOD error that is rare to appear in Windows but is not excluded from appearing. This error is very serious, as it can cause the data loss, information and valuable files for the user, thus aggravating the user's situation and compromising the integrity of the PC.
A lot has also been said that this error can be caused by a failure to update PC drivers, viruses in the system, problems related to the hardware or antivirus you have installed, or problems with the BIOS. However, whatever the cause, the important thing is to try to fix it, so let's fix it quickly.
How to fix the CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT blue screen error in Windows?
Solution 1: update your PC's drivers
Since the cause of the error could be a faulty or outdated driver, let's see how you can specifically update your PC's software driver:
- Right-click the Windows start icon and select the option Device management, when you do that you will see a list of drivers that you should check for a yellow exclamation point indicating that there is a problem with that check.
- If there are any with this sign, you'd better update all of them, for them, right click on the driver and select Update driver software to update it.
- If all this to update the drivers one by one seems to take a long time, you can download a program that is responsible automatic driver update and then you will save this process. Once you have the updated drivers, try to verify that the CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT error is resolved or still persists on your PC.
Solution 2: update Windows
- Since the problem could be due to an update, it is better to update Windows, for this first press the Windows key on your PC and locate the Settings section in it, then go to Update and security and click this section.
- Click Check for Updates and proceed with the Windows update download, then it is required restart your computer and finally make sure that the CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT blue screen error has been eliminated in this way.
Solution 3: update your BIOS
Updating the BIOS is a much simpler and more feasible solution for those who wish fix the CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT error but they know little about computers. It's better than tweaking the BIOS setup, which is a good option for those trained to do so.
- The first thing you should do is press the Win + R keys at the same time so that the Run dialog box appears on the screen and when it appears you have to type the command msinfo32 inside and then press Enter.
- Typing this command will open the System Information window, where you will see a long list of information about your BIOS, scroll down in the list until you find the entry in the list called BIOS Version and Date.
- In this item you will see the current version of your BIOS, which we recommend you photograph or copy somewhere so that you don't forget the type of BIOS you have, so go to your computer's motherboard manufacturer's website (if you don't know which is back to the System Information window and the item Motherboard Manufacturer will appear) e see if there is a new version for your BIOS.
- If so, download it to your PC; It should be noted that it will be an.exe file, so after downloading it, run it on your computer, then restart it and check if the CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT error persists or has finally been fixed.