Smart devices today have become a great need, as we can carry out countless activities with them. But it is very true that these occasionally fail, and it is natural, being electronic systems. For this reason, in this article we will explain how resolve the error 'an error occurred while parsing the package' in Android.
This error mainly appears when trying to install an application on the Android smartphone and develops a parsing error. Next, we show you the possible causes that may affect your computer when downloading an application.
Why does this error appear?
Before explaining the solutions that we need to resolve the package parsing error, we want to give you a brief overview of the causes of it.
- If you get this error it is because the APK file is probably damaged or faulty, it could also be that the APK file has been partially downloaded.
- Make a change to the manifest file or update the Android version.
- The operating system of your smart device it is not compatible with the application.
- The Android security system blocks the installation or download of third party applications.
- There are not enough permissions to install unknown or dangerous applications.
As you can read these are the possible causes that produce the message 'there was an error while parsing the package' in Android.
Now we will explain what solutions exist to fix the error that your smart device presents, this explanation will be simple and easy to apply.
Methods to fix the message “an error occurred while parsing the package” on Android
The solutions that we will present to you below are totally safe and certified by many computer developers around the world in the Android operating system.
Method 1: allow the mobile to download applications from unknown sources
For security reasons, Android developers have applied to the operating system a security system which prevents the installation of applications. While there is a way to allow this download access, we want to point out that it can be harmful to your computer.
However, if you try to download an application other than the Google Play Store, you can allow it if it is trustworthy and has protection, this is what you should do.
- Enter the "System Settings".
- Next, enter the "Security and location" option.
- Then enter the "Privacy" option -
- Now look for the option "Unknown sources" and check the corresponding box. If the system asks you to confirm the action, press “OK”.
- After going through the process above, try to download or install the app you want.
Method 2- Perform USB Debugging by enabling it
To enable USB debugging you will need to turn on the developer mode of your android phone, these are the steps you need to follow.
- Enter the "Device settings" that you find among the applications of yours device phones.
- Select "System" mode and enter it to open a drop-down menu.
- Find the “About device” option and tap on it.
- Then select the “Build number” option and press it seven times consecutively, then at the seventh time wait for a “You are now a developer” message.
- When you open developer mode, you will need to go back to the settings app and look for developer mode.
- You will enter it and select the option "USB Debugging" and the system will tell you what to do.
Method 3- Disable the antivirus you have on your Android device
If you have antivirus installed on your Android device, it may cause the message “An error occurred while parsing the package”. This happens because many antiviruses block access to applications of dubious origin, so if you try to download an apk file it will be impossible.
Therefore, we recommend that you uninstall the antivirus from your Android device to download and prevent the above message from appearing. In case you still get the same error, desist from the file. APK and install it again on the Android device.
So folks we're done, then we hope you can solve your problem with the message "an error occurred while parsing the package" on Android ".