Hospitality! If you often use a USB stick to save and transfer files to your PC, you may have had trouble connecting them to your computer to format them. In this sense, today we will tell you in great detail about how resolve the error "Cannot format this USB drive in Windows"
Possible solutions for the error "Cannot format this USB drive"
Next we will show you several ways to resolve the error "Windows cannot format this USB drive", which is much more common than you think, as many users usually report this error. However, the solutions are quite simple, you just have to try one by one until you can fix this annoying error. Keep reading!
Connect the USB drive correctly
In this case, we recommend that you make sure that the USB drive is properly connected to the corresponding port. In addition, you can also try to change the port of the USB drive, as it is possible that this port is worn and therefore contact with the USB drive is not enough for the computer to recognize it.
We also recommend test the USB drive on different computers to make sure the problem is not with the port itself but with the USB memory.
Check for new Windows updates
Another possible solution is to find a way to update Windows 10 to its latest version, as on certain occasions USB memory drivers may not work if an operating system update is needed.
So, to update any version of Windows, you need to open the start menu and type the word “Update” into the search engine. Select Than we the 'Search for updates' option and in this way you will see that the Windows Update window opens where we can check if there is an update for our operating system.
Try to format the USB drive manually
This alternative for resolve the error "Windows cannot format this USB drive" it's one of the most effective out there today, and later we'll show you the steps you need to complete to perform it.
As we all know, the hard disk manager is found in almost all versions of Windows and allows us to manage the information found on our hard disk quickly and easily. In other words, it gives us the ability to format, generate partitions, delete them or even assign them new letters.
On the other hand, with this tool we can perform these actions in an external memory connected to our computer. Next we will show you the steps you need to follow.
- Next, you need to place your cursor on the start menu icon and right click to open a new menu, where you need to select the option that says " Disk management ".
- Then you will see that a window pops up where you can detail all hard drives found on your computer. You will also see that at the bottom of this list the partitions appear right next to their respective letters.
- Then, click on the flash drive you just connected to your computer and select the “Format” option.
- After that a new window will open in which you will have the option to modify some parameters of the USB drive such as: format, size, file system and label.
- Now you have to select the FAT32 option in case it is a flash drive, but if it is a portable hard drive, you have to click on the “NFTS” option.
- Finally, you have to keep in mind that the option that says 'Give quick format' must be turned off in order for the formatting to be final and completely erase all data found on the USB memory. However, the process it will take much longer than when choosing the "Quick Format" option, but it is not certain that it will solve the problem.
We're done for today! If this post was useful to you, do not hesitate to share it with all your contacts through social networks so that they can learn how to resolve the error “Windows cannot format this USB drive” in a way quick and easy.
Trending Topic Articles:
- telegram channels to watch motogp live and free now
- where to watch nba live streaming with telegram now
- best telegram channels to watch football streaming tv now
- watch tennis streaming free on telegram best channels now
- best telegram channels to watch and download movies and series now
- best telegram channels to watch formula 1 live and free now