Currently, the cameras of our mobile device are used to save a memory or a pleasant or funny moment in our life. However, these can fail, which is why in this article we will explain how to fix the error «the camera has stopped working".
Causes why the camera stops working on your Android
Next, we will tell you the possible causes that stop working, read on and you will find out how to avoid these reasons.
- The camera has been disabled due to security policies.
If you have found that there are camera models that are disabled when using the camera and simultaneously press the power button. Then, when you unlock your mobile again, a message will appear stating that the camera has stopped working or has been disabled.
This happens when a considerable amount of time has passed when you lock your phone and unlock your mobile again.
- The camera stopped working.
Sometimes the application on your mobile does closes simply a due to a system error and a message appears saying "The camera has stopped working".
- Problems with the Android system.
This is an interesting aspect, as most of the current devices require updates in order to use the camera features. These features include new features and components which Android with an old version does not support, due to lack of update.
Solutions for your android camera if it stops working
Next, we introduce you how to troubleshoot your mobile device's camera application quickly and easily.
- Clear the cache to free up space on your Android.
Camera apps currently require cache and memory management, which can ultimately affect camera performance. To solve this problem, you need to follow the following simple and easy steps on your mobile, to use the camera as usual.
- Go to the «Settings» of your Android phone.
- Then go to the "Applications" option and select the camera app.
- Within this you will find the option "Memory".
- Once inside, we will delete the application data and cache.
- Check the permissions of the camera app
If the previous step does not solve the problem, we will give you another solution and that is to check if the app has permission to use. To do this, we show you how you should perform or perform the permissions check on your Android mobile in a simple way.
- Go to the Android "Settings".
- Then select «Applications» and go back to the camera option.
- When you log in to the camera app, you go to the "Permissions" option.
- When you enter, check all available options and check that it was done correctly by opening the camera.
- Uninstall the camera app
Sometimes it will be better to uninstall the camera app, as the operating system may not support the application and it crashes. What you will need to do is the following and check if by doing this the problem is solved effectively and safely.
- Press the camera app.
- Then it will tell you, depending on the Android device you have, if for "Delete" or "Uninstall application" you will have to press one of the two that appears.
- Once the previous step is complete, restart your device and install the app again.
- Format and update the Android software.
As a last option to fix the camera issue is to run a factory reset and then an update.
Before restoring your mobile, we recommend that you make a backup of all your personal data such as contacts, photos or something similar.
- Go to the "Settings" of the Android system.
- When entering the settings, press the «Factory Reset» option.
- Then press «Delete all».
- Then go back to "Settings" and look for the "About device" option.
- Pressing the previous option, click "System update" and wait for it to happen, and that's it.
We hope you can fix your problem and get your camera working again with these mostly technical and easy to use tips.