The missing xinput1_3.dll error can be really annoying if you don't know why it appears and how to fix it easily. If this error appeared on your PC and you don't know what to do, don't worry, because today we explain the topic How To Fix xinput1_3.dll Missing Error In Windows - Quick and Easy.
What is xinput1_3.dll missing error and what causes it?
Before we talk about the xinput1_3.dll missing error, we need to tell you what xinput1_3.dll is, as it is vital to understand the reason for the problem. Xinput1_3.dll is actually a very important component of Microsoft DirectX, as it is a large library of dynamic links, which makes Windows compatible with programs full of elements and multimedia files.
Any program or game with integrated audio and high graphics requires DirectX to work properly on the PC. With this in mind, it is easy to conclude that the xinput1_3.dll is missing error occurs when various programs and games that support DirectX fail to function properly.
In particular, it is said that this error is caused by overloading the PC registry with invalid entries or by the appearance of viruses, malware, trojans or worms, it should be noted that each of these have differences. The missing Microsoft DirectX file and the xinput1_3.dll files are damaged or corrupted on the PC.
How to fix xinput1_3.dll missing error in Windows in an easy way
Method 1: from command prompt
- First you have to locate the command prompt on your PC and for this you will have to write CMD in the search bar when Windows starts and when the CMD appears you have to right click on it and select Run as administrator.
- When the command prompt window opens, you need to type the command sfc / scannow and then press the Enter key, after doing so, a diagnosis of your PC and the files it contains will be activated.
- You need to wait for this analysis and subsequent automatic troubleshooting of issues and errors like xinput1_3.dll missing error to be done in the time it takes to repair damaged / corrupted files in Windows, after the process is finished restart your PC and check if the xinput1_3.dll is missing error has been removed.
Method 2: restart your PC
This is a method that seems too simple, but has actually worked for many, as the missing xinput1_3.dll error can be generated by some momentary failure in the Windows system. So you can try your luck just by restarting your computer, then check if this has helped to resolve the missing xinput1_3.dll error on your PC.
Method 3: download and install DirectX
Sometimes the error can be generated because Microsoft DirectX is not updated, so a great option is to download the latest version of DirectX to your PC. As this is a vital program for games and other applications to function properly, it is not possible to ignore an update if this program needs it.
So don't waste any more time and update DirectX to yours latest version for free, after doing that you can check if the xinput1_3.dll missing error is completely gone from your PC or you need to try other methods.
Method 4: update your PC's graphics drivers
As the graphics or video drivers might be responsible for the xinput1_3.dll missing error, it is better to learn how to update the drivers to fix the errors and also the xinput1_3.dll error itself.
- One way to update them without programs is to first locate the Windows Start icon on your PC screen, then right-click on it and select Device management.
- In the list of drivers select Display adapters and in the computer video driver right-click and select Update Driver, then select Search automatically for updated driver software, wait for it to update and close the window. Finally you can check and see if the xinput1_3.dll is missing error is finally resolved.