Although in newer versions of Windows this problem does not appear as much, the truth is that you have to enter when we come across a file or folder that cannot be deleted. That's why today we're going to teach you how forcibly delete files that cannot be eliminated? - Quick and easy.
Know how to delete files that DON'T are eliminated in a conventional way it can be very useful in many circumstances, as in many cases these files take up space unnecessarily. This is annoying if we have little storage space on our hard drive, but we have the solution for you.
Generally, this type of practice is widely used to eliminate viruses that have entered your mobile phone or PC. If so, using tools like Hardwipe is useful for securely deleting data after performing an analysis, but there are other tools we will mention and may be useful.
How to forcibly delete files that cannot be deleted? - Quick and easy
One trick that seems to work in most cases involves using the Winrar tool. Software that although intended for other purposes, may be useful for deleting files.
- For the trick that we will introduce to you later, you need to have installed the Winrar application, an application designed in principle to compress and decompress Winrar files.
- Once the application is installed, the first thing to do to start the procedure is to locate that folder or quel fillet which cannot be deleted from the system.
- When you have located the file, you just have to right click on it and access the "Add to file" option that you will find next to the small Winrar icon.
- The app's compression window will open, but there are a few things we need to configure for this trick to work properly.
- The first thing you should do is change the compression method from "Normal" to " No compression »Or» No compression «, We will do this so that the process does not take that long, because in the end what we care about is that the file has been deleted.
- The second step, which is the most important, is to enable the option that will allow us to forcibly delete that document, file or folder. We refer to the option " Delete files after compression «.
- By enabling the previous option, it is possible to force the system to delete that folder or file that has given us so many problems. Now you just have to click on the "Accept" option and this will effectively complete the process.
By following the steps above you will have already deleted that annoying file. This trick works in most cases, but we also have other options for more complicated cases.
For example, you should consider some of the best programs to delete files in Windows 10 and other alternatives such as the ones we will name below.
Unlock the tool to forcibly delete files
To delete files we also have a tool designed for this, we refer to Unlocker. If what you want is to have an application designed for this purpose, it is better to use this app, to get it follow these steps:
Go down and use Unlocker like this
- You just have to download the program and install it, for that go to its official Unlocker website, where you can get the program for free.
- Being on the link provided above, all you have to do is click on » Free download »And wait for the file to download. After that, proceed with the installation as normal.
- Once the program is installed, it's time to start using it. For this you have two ways, one is by accessing the context menu and the other by opening the program. This time we will do it in the second way.
- Open the application, as you will see a small menu will appear on the screen where you will have to drag and drop those files that you cannot delete.
- After dragging the files into the program, you need to click on the small arrow located next to the «Unlock» button. There you have to choose the option " Unlock and delete »(As shown in the image above).
- The program will ask you for confirmation to delete the file, you just have to click on the "OK" option.
- After that, the file will have been removed successfully and you can now proceed to close the Unlocker program.
As mentioned above, there are many ways that persistent files can be deleted. For example, with Eraser you can delete files safely and irreparably, being another option for the purpose of this guide