These systems have advantages and disadvantages when using them, which is why it is important to know them and select the ones that best suit your needs. Among these we have:
- The system fat32 it is the oldest but simultaneous with most of the file devices.
- The system NTFS is a replica of Fat32, used in Windows and very useful for outdoor units.
- The system exFat it is an improvement of Fat32 in that it has a larger dictionary size and it can be used in Windows, GNU, Linux and others, but only for new versions.
Next, we present several procedures for format a USB memory / Pendrive from CMD- Format Fat32, NTFS or exFat. To format and / or format USB drives and SD cards in Linux the procedure may be slightly different.
How to format a USB stick from a CMD?
Formatting a hard drive or USB memory immediately erases all data. For this reason it is important to remember that it is recommended that you back up your information before proceeding with formatting by making a backup copy of the contents of your USB. The procedure for the formatting from a CMD it's simple and straightforward.
- If you have Windows 7, 8 or 10 digits ” cmd ”In the search box.
- Then proceed with the right mouse button and choose the option " run as administrator ".
- A window will appear in it type " diskpart "Awards" sending ".
- Transcribe " list disk "And accept the command on" enter ".
- Check which disk your USB drive has.
- Digita ” select disk ”By adding the number corresponding to the USB drive and press“ enter ”.
- Digita ” clean ". This will take some time.
- Copy " create primary partition "And touch" sending ".
- So write " format fs = ntfs "And press" sending ".
- Finally, type “Assign” to set a new unit on cmd unit.
Format a USB stick to NTFS
The devices of a hard disk or USB memory can be formatted in FAT32, NTFS, exFAT. When using them, some problems may arise due to low space or memory saturation. However, in this case we will teach you how to format a memory USB su NTFS.
- You open " File Explorer ".
- Insert the USB memory into your computer, doing so may open a pop-up window with the different options for autoplay.
- Dal “file explorer” locate the USB drive.
- Press the button right mouse button on the storage drive, this will exit the exit menu options.
- Click on the option " Format ”To access the internal Windows tool and make the desired changes.
- Log in to " File System ".
- Choose the new system you want to apply: NTFS.
- Finally, click on " starts ”To start formatting.
Format a USB stick in Fat32
- Proceed by connecting the USB memory to your device.
- Take a detailed look at your drive letter, for example “H”.
- Opens a CMD window with administrator permissions.
- Execute this command by changing the drive letter "H:" to the character of the USB memory, that is: format /FS:FAT32 H:
- Tap the option " Submit “, Wait a few moments and then you will get the USB memory formatted in FAT32.
Another tool to format USB sticks in Fat32
If you are not an experienced command prompt user, or you just don't like to use it for some reason, can contact to another tool called Fat32 format. Working with it is easy, free and allows you to format any type of USB memory regardless of its volume to FAT32. Get the most out of this tool:
- Start by downloading the application from the main web portal.
- Run it.
- Select the drive letter that we want to format in FAT32
- Finally, the program alone will do the rest.