What happens if I decide to format or restart Nintendo Switch?
Before we get started, we'll show you everything that happens when you decide to restart Nintendo Switch, either to correct a software error or because you want to leave it as new to sell to someone else.
- The data that is stored in memory will be permanently deleted. This includes schedules, save data, user information, screen captures and all settings will also be lost.
- If you have backups available, you can get them when you have created a new user and sync them with the Nintendo Account.
- On the other hand, you will not be able to open the programs that you had saved on the MicroSD memory card except the screenshots,
- Nintendo Accounts that you have synced with the console will also not be deleted, but will be unlinked from the system. Once the console formatting process is complete, you can set up a new user to link to your Nintendo Account.
- In case you don't know, your Nintendo Account has both your purchase history and the funds to purchase items from Nintendo eShop. Therefore, when you connect a new account after formatting the Nintendo Switch, you will have the option to re-download the programs you purchased from the store with that account.
- However, we remind you that you must be connected to the internet while turning on the console, otherwise your account will not be synchronized correctly so that you can retrieve the content.
Finally, we remind you that fortunately there is a method for restart Nintendo Switch without wiping data save, so that you can keep the user settings completely. This way you won't have to worry about everything that happens after formatting the console in the traditional way.
Steps to restart Nintendo Switch without deleting saved data
Now, in this new section we will show you all the steps you need to follow for restart Nintendo Switch without deleting saved data. We immediately anticipate that this is a quick and easy process that won't take you long if you don't skip any steps.
- To get started, the first thing you should do is turn off Nintendo Switch, to do this, press and hold the power button for a few seconds.
- Next, the power menu will appear on the screen, there you must first select the “Power Options” section and then the “Disable” option.
- Then you have to press the volume up and down buttons at the same time for a moment. Now tap the power button. Repeat this process until a recovery menu appears.
- In this menu it is necessary to press the option 'Initialize console without deleting saved data'.
- To continue you must read a text that will be displayed on the screen that tells us about the risk we run during this process. After reading everything, you just have to click on the “Next” option.
- Another screen will then be shown where the system will ask us again if you want to continue with the process. If you are sure, choose the option that says “Initialize console without deleting saved data”.
- Then the Nintendo Switch will reboot completely without deleting the saved data, screenshots and of course your account data.
- If you have any games downloaded, you may need to download them again. Also, all console settings will be cleared and will be as good as new, so you'll need to set it up again to your liking. Finally, you can clean the Nintendo screen.
If you have any other questions about the process we have shown you above, please visit the official Nintendo page. When you finish reading this post, remember to share it through social networks with all your contacts so that they learn how to restart Nintendo Switch without deleting saved data.