Many people decide to learn how to format PS4 external hard drive to reduce maintenance cost. Furthermore, it is a procedure quite simple and easy to apply if you know all the steps.
Updates of this software concern the 4.5 system on PS4, so it has several tricks for making some configurations. One of them is the formatting of the console.
Before starting it is important to know the type of hard drive, whether it is the traditional PS4 or the PS4 Pro, to observe its appearance and if you do not have an adapted system.
PS4 hard drives don't just serve you to save games and games, you can also use them to save music, movies and photos and thus have the ability to view them whenever you want.
These are the requirements for hard drives on PS4
The first step for any modification to the operating system is to know all the attributes of the hard drive, being the following:
- The connection of the cable must necessarily be using USB 3.0 cables. Furthermore, the its memory must be 250GB - 8TB maximum.
- Evaluate the period of time devoted to the warranty, as those with better materials will have a longer period of time, which is why they are more recommended.
- It is very important to define that the hard disk specifications are purely original, that is, they are compatible with the console.
If you want to change the hard drive of your PS4 it is important that you acquire it with the above specifications and thus avoid any problems during playback.
Step by step guide to format PS4 external hard drive
Most of these devices are formatted from the beginning or when they are sold second hand. The most common formats are HFS, NTFS ed ExFATHowever, the templates to format PS4 external hard drive will need to follow the steps below:
Enter the configuration panel
The first step is to turn on the console and wait for the boot image to appear.Once in this step, you will proceed to locate the button "Rule", press on it. Then go to the device menu to select " USB storage device ".
Define the console hard drive
When you perform this action, a new list of values will be displayed, but the user will only have to select their hard drive. Then, enable the option that says " Format as extended memory ".
Format PS4 external hard drive
Before carrying out the cleaning procedure, a series of warnings will appear on the screen to accept the deletion of the commands within the disc. Finally, press the button "Accept".
It is very important that a backup is created before formatting to save all items on the console. It is also important to remember that once the process is finished, the object will only be used to store games, documents or images.
Format confirmation and console test
Finally, format PS4 external hard drive it's really simple, it just consists of waiting for the confirmation message or for a green light on the object. This notification is also used to define the primary storage location.
If while formatting your PS4 console's hard drive you have deleted data that you didn't want to delete, don't worry that there is a way to recover the deleted files.
Then you can install games and apps on PS4 external hard drive
To access this feature, the PS4 external hard drive must be formatted to configure the storage location. You just need to perform the following steps:
- Launch the console and wait for it to reflect your home screen, then locate the menu and select the "Adjust" button at the top of the screen.
- Now you need to go to the folder "Archiving" and choose the default download location. Ideally, select your console system or external hard drive.
- Once you know which one to choose, hit the command called "Options" and select " Application installation location ". Double-click the name of the destination you want to save.
- Finally, go to the bottom of the screen and select the "OK" button to save all changes to the system.
If you have the games saved on your game console's hard drive, you also have the option to move them to the external hard drive.
Etiquetas Gaming station