Il computer malware it is like a real virus, it has the ability to spread if proper measures are not taken. It is for this reason that we need to be in control of our devices and protect them with antivirus and other measures.
In relation to this tutorial you may be interested in knowing how to clean and format a Pendrive or disk using Mac OS - Very simple at the same time remember that tutorials and guides of this style are only found on our Miracomosehace website.
How to immunize and protect USB memory from viruses
The trick that we present to you today to protect your pendrive is very simple to do and works very efficiently. The most remarkable thing is that you won't need any programs, just with the settings present in Windows you will be able to protect your USB memory, such as direct access virus.
Format your pendrive
- The first step is to connect the pendrive to the computer. After that you have to go up computer (which is where all hard drives and storage drives are displayed).
- We recommend that you make a backup of all the data that you may have stored on your pendrive, saving it anywhere on your computer. Don't worry, you can save them back to the USB memory at the end of the process.
- Once you are in computer, you need to right click on the drive USB, when you do, click on the format option. Several options will appear to format the drive, as mentioned earlier, this will erase all your data (keep this in mind).
- Click on the file system and select NTFS, in the space for the volume label, you can give the name that looks best to you and as for the format options you can leave it that way, although we recommend disabling the quick format option. Next, click on the start option.
- Wait until the process is finished, do click su OK and close the Formatting window.
How to immunize and protect USB memory from viruses (second part)
Once your USB memory is formatted successfully, it's time to apply this useful method for protect yourself once and for all from viruses. Read the following guide carefully to free yourself from threats trying to invade your removable disk.
Protect your pendrive
- After formatting the pendrive, you can apply the method to protect it. The first thing you should do is go on pen drive and create a new folder, you can give it any name, for example files.
- Go back to the computer and right click on the drive, this time go to the last option Property.
- Within the properties, locate the Security tab. The next thing you should do is click Edit.
- A new screen will appear, the section permits. It is necessary to modify these permissions, for this disable all the options found in the lower area (Full control, Modify, Read and execute, etc.) except Reading.
- click on apply, if a warning screen appears, click Continue, then click Accept.
- Now go back to your USB memory, right click on the folder you created and select again Property. There go to the security option and then edit, just like the previous steps.
- In any case, this time on the contrary, what you should do is enable all the options, once done, click on apply and then on OKAY.
After the previous method, you will prevent the creating any file in the root of your flash drive, which is where most viruses go. However, keep in mind that the unique place in where you can save the information is in the folder you created earlier.TagsTutorial