Bookmarks and cross references
When there are documents with medium or extremely extensive wording, it is always good to have a tool that allows us to move quickly and easily on a part of the document.
Markers, on the one hand, help identify the location or selection of text that is assigned a name to be identified in future references. So, by creating a bookmark list, you can effectively access specific places in the text.
ReferralsInstead, they help to highlight the elements that are present in the document, this can be: a title, a chapter, an image or a graphic. When the mouse pointer is over the item, it will show you a box with the command that will help you move to the section where the item is located.
How to insert bookmarks
To start use bookmarks within a Word element, you will have to follow a series of steps that prove to be quite simple to learn how to use this tool.
- Select the phrase or word you want to use for the bookmark.
- Go to the details » Inserisci »At the top of the screen.
- Click on the bookmark option, located just below the hyperlink option.
- Name the bookmark (without spaces, symbols and must start with a letter).
- Click add.
Find your bookmarks
Once you've prepared your bookmark list, you can position yourself anywhere in the document and locate the words you have selected to make up that list. So you should:
- Return to the Insert tab.
- Click on the option bookmark.
- When the dialog opens, you can select the bookmark you want to search for.
- Push the button " Go to «.
- This way, Word will move you to the part of the document where the marker appears.
If, on the other hand, you want reduce the list of markers you have previously compound, you just have to repeat the steps, select the marker and click on the delete button.
The first thing to consider when entering cross-references is determine to what extent you want to refer.
- If you want to cross-reference a title, you need to make sure it has the title format that you can see on the home tab of Word.
- To insert cross references to a specific location, you need to create a place card.
When you've decided what you want to cross-reference, you'll need to follow a set of equally simple instructions.
- Go to Insert tab.
- Under the marker option, you will be able to view the cross reference tool.
- A window will open in which you can define which element of the sheet you will insert this reference to.
- In the section " Market «, You will have a drop-down menu that will help you choose that item.
It is possible to cross a title or a bookmark, eg. If you select cross-referencing a bookmark, in the Referencing section you can specify which element of the bookmark you want to reference. The most used options at this point are:
- Bookmark text.
- Page number.
- Paragraph number.
This way, when you press Ctrl and click on the reference, Word it will automatically direct you to the content of the reference you entered.
You can also learn more about Word's many tools and features. From extracting text from an image and converting it into a Word document to changing a document's default font.TagsParola
Trending Topic Articles:
- telegram channels to watch motogp live and free now
- where to watch nba live streaming with telegram now
- best telegram channels to watch football streaming tv now
- watch tennis streaming free on telegram best channels now
- best telegram channels to watch and download movies and series now
- best telegram channels to watch formula 1 live and free now