Google launched Google TV along with the latest version of the Chromecast, introducing exciting new features into the Android TV interface and promising that, sooner or later, that same news would reach other Android TVs. Time passes and today there is no other device with Google TV besides the Chromecast. Fortunately, it's now easier than ever Google TV tester through a computer.
If you want to have the Google TV interface on your computer, both to discover its new functions, and to see if it convinces you before buying a TV with this operating system, we will explain how you can Google TV tester.
The Google TV interface.
1. Download the beta version of Android Studio Arctic Fox
To test Android Studio on your computer, you will have to resort to the official emulator offered by Google.
This emulator is included in the latest beta version of Android Studio, called «Arctic Fox». can scaricare Android Studio 2020.3.1 Arctic Fox Beta 2 from the official developer site for Android totally free, on Windows, Mac and Linux.
2. Download the image from Google TV
Once you've installed the latest version of Android Studio, it's time to download the corresponding image on Google TV. To do this, follow these steps:
- Open Android Studio and, on the home screen, click on the three vertical dots icon in the upper right corner.
- Choose the «AVD Management» option.
- Click on «Create virtual device» and then click on the «TV» category.
- Select one of the two resolution options available and click «Next».
- Here, you have to select the option with «Release name: R» and «Target: Android 11.0 (Google TV)».
- Tap the "Download" text to download the image.
Download the image from Google TV in Android Studio.
3. Launch the Google TV emulator
Now you have downloaded the Google TV image in the official Android emulator. All you have to do is start the emulator to start using the Android TV interface from your computer.
Google TV on the Android TV emulator on a computer.
To do this, go back to «AVD Manager» following the steps indicated in the previous section and select the image of Android TV with Google TV. Finally, click on the green «Play» icon for start the emulator.