Our computers require constant care, being aware of their state is important, that's why we will help you How to know or measure my computer's CPU temperature in Windows, Linux and MacOS?
Why is it important to know CPU temperatures?
Certainly having control of the temperatures of our computer is particularly important to avoid failures in the long run. If you feel your equipment is too loud or running inefficiently, you may have temperature problems.
The CPU is one of the components that can suffer the most from high temperatures. That said, it is better to use software with which to observe the temperature and subsequently improve the cooling of the PC to reduce the high temperatures. Through the following tutorial we will teach you to control your temperatures in Windows, like Linux e MacOS.
How to know or measure my computer's CPU temperature in Windows, Linux and macOS?
Measures such as CPU overclocking to improve performance are excellent for outstanding performance. However, the temperature can become a big issue using these methods.
The truth is, regardless of the operating system used, CPU temperatures they are something to be taken into account. If these reach too high figures, the integrity of your team could be compromised, which is why you should check them periodically.
Windows is the operating system of the Microsoft company, and it is also the most popular in desktop computers. If you want see your CPU temperatures via Windows, read the following guide:
- In the case of Windows 10 it's easy, because we just have to download the Open Hardware Monitor tool, which works very efficiently to measure the temperatures of all our components, including the CPU.
- To download the application, go to the official website of Open Hardware Monitor, which you can access via the following OHM address.
- Go to the Downloads section and click Download Now.
- After you have successfully downloaded the application, unzip it and run the program.
- Most likely, the Windows system will ask you for confirmation on startup, just click on the OK option. Sometimes the application starts up in the toolbar, double click on it to see the temperatures of your computer.
- Open Hardware Monitor will display the temperatures of all components, including all CPU cores. Likewise, it is also useful to see the temperatures of the graphics card, hard drives and even RAM memories.
Also for the Windows operating system, a great alternative is to use a specific tool to monitor while gaming, so we recommend downloading MSI AFTERBURNER. In any case, for everything else Open Hardware Monitor will be perfect.
Linux is the free operating system par excellence, it is very complete and with it we can carry out many activities, both casual and professional. To see the temperatures of your computer e nello specific to yours CPU in Linux, follow these steps:
- In the case of Linux, it's best to get the tool Psensor, that we can get through the Download Center present in operating systems such as Ubuntu.
- Click the Start button, then go to the section Ubuntu Software Center.
- At the top of the screen you will find the search bar, there you have to write the following «psensor». Once the search is done, the program should appear on the screen, just click on the install option to get it.
- Go to Startup and then into the System Tools section and run the Psensor app.
- CPU temperatures, including all the CPU cores should be displayed very clearly on the screen .
MacOS is Apple's operating system, is a favorite of graphic designers and content creators. If you want to evaluate the temperatures of your computer, it is best to follow this guide:
- In the case of macOS, we have a tool designed specifically to evaluate the temperatures of the computer, in the same way it will also access those of the CPU. For this we will use the tool Istatmenus, purchasable at the following link Istatmenus Official Site.
- One of the peculiarities of this tool is that shows in great detail the temperatures of all components of your equipment. Something particularly useful for keeping track of it.
Trending Topic Articles:
- telegram channels to watch motogp live and free now
- where to watch nba live streaming with telegram now
- best telegram channels to watch football streaming tv now
- watch tennis streaming free on telegram best channels now
- best telegram channels to watch and download movies and series now
- best telegram channels to watch formula 1 live and free now