Because it is quite annoying that as soon as we turn on our PC, different programs start opening. On many occasions we will not even use them immediately. At the same time, load windows and takes longer to start.
Therefore, it is better to disable the automatic start of Discord and other applications. That doesn't mean you won't be able to use them. But they don't start by themselves, you can start them whenever you want without any kind of problem.
This way we will make Windows boot faster and we can use Discord whenever we want by simply running it as usual. We will see this simple tutorial in so that you can quickly learn how to stop Discord and other applications from starting automatically in Windows.
How to prevent Discord from starting automatically in Windows
- The first thing to do is to open the task manager. For this you can right-click on the Windows bar located in the lower area, then click on » Task Manager «.
- Another way to open the task manager is to press » Ctrl + Alt + Canc »And click on» Task manager «.
- Once done, a small window opens with the applications we currently have open. What we have to do is click on " More details »In the lower left corner of the screen.
- As you will see you now have more options available. What interests us now is the " Home »Found in the tabs above.
- You will be able to see some applications including Discord. You will simply have to modify the " State " gives " Qualified » a » Disabled «.
- To achieve this you will need to right-click. A drop-down menu opens and you simply click » Disable «.
Disable automatic startup of Discord in Windows
The method we have seen above it is used to disable all applications that start as soon as we turn on the computer. Such applications can slow down Windows startup a bit. So if they're not essential, it's best to disable them.
However, disabling them doesn't mean you won't be able to use them. It simply means that they don't boot themselves, you can start them whenever you want after turning on your computer.
If you want prevent Discord from starting when you turn on your PC, configure this option from the app. It can also be done and you need to follow these steps:
- Open the Discord app.
- Now go to the gear icon at the bottom left of the screen.
- Then in the left sidebar go to " Windows Settings »Or» Windows Settings «.
- The first option " Open Discord Is what interests us. If you turn the switch so it's off, Discord won't start automatically when you turn on your computer.
We hope you understand how to prevent Discord from starting automatically in Windows. With these two methods you can prevent automatic startup app, which will prevent programs from loading as soon as you turn on your computer.
This way you will have a much faster start. Even if you have a PC with a solid state drive. Despite being much faster than a mechanical one, doing this kind of settings helps make it even faster.TagsDiscord