Through the following guide we will teach you step step how to remove or remove password from my Windows 7, 8 and 10 PC, a necessary process if you want to get into your personal computer faster.
What is the difference between a Microsoft account and a local account?
Both the Microsoft account that the local ones are for individual use, so only one person should have access to them. However, in many cases these are shared by users, but this cannot be done in all cases.
The main difference between the two accounts is that the Microsoft account can be used on various platforms and services offered by this company. This includes various computers or computers. So having a Microsoft account we can use it on multiple computers at the same time.
Furthermore, a account locale it works as a single key, which can only be used in one service at a time. For this reason, if you want to share it, you will need to remove it from your current computer. For this reason it is something unachievable.
The importance of having a password enabled
Passwords are undoubtedly one of the methods of protection more basic In circulation. Not having a password can damage your security, especially if you live in a family with several people.
Therefore, before completely removing the Windows password, think again whether it is worth doing it or not. If you live alone, there is no problem if you want to remove the password, but if you live with other people, you may need to take other measures such as encrypting folders and files in Windows 10, which will help so that they do not copy the your information on other computers.
In turn, keep in mind that sometimes the Windows 10 license is linked to your Microsoft Outlook account, in which case it is best to keep your account information and password for the future.
How to remove the startup password from my computer
Depending on the system you have, password removal can be done one way or another.
In Windows 10 the process is simple, from the start menu you will have to write the options accesso. When you do this, you will see a list and icon with the same name, clicking on it will give you access to your account settings.
Being in this menu you just have to go to the section to change the password. The trick is that you will have to type in the current password for confirm your identity and then leave the spaces in the new password blank. Then click Save and you will no longer have a login password.
In case you want to remove the password from your PC, you will need to make some very basic settings. Such configurations can be made as follows.
- The first thing to do is to go to the PC configuration options. To do this, go to the Start menu and search " Settings ". Once you find the option, click on it.
- Once you are in the configuration options, look for the section " Account “, Click this option.
- On the left side of the screen you will see the setup options for Microsoft Windows accounts. This time it identifies " Access options ".
- The login options and different security sections will be displayed. Click on " Password ".
- You will see the option " Modification “, Click there. The system will ask you to enter the current password you have in your account, provide it and click "Next".
- The system will ask you to enter the data for a new password, just do not enter anything and click on " NEXT "And then click on the option" end ".
- Once you have done the above procedure, you will have successfully removed the password from your Windows 10 account.
Windows also has the option to affiliate Microsoft accounts, in which case they will have the email password. Therefore, if you want to completely eliminate the use of passwords on your computer, it will be necessary remove these accounts. This process can be done as follows.
- Go to the Windows start menu, type " Settings ”And click on the result.
- Once you have done the above, the configuration options will be displayed, just click on " Account ".
- On this occasion, you have to click on the option “Le do information ”Which appears on the left side of the screen.
- Look for the option " Log in instead with a local account ". The system will ask you if you are sure to make the change, just click on " NEXT ".
- It is very likely that you will be asked for the password of the already affiliated email, just provide it and click on " Accept ". Even so, we recommend that you log into your Microsoft account from your browser first, to verify that your information is correct.
- The section for writing the user information to be created will be displayed. Realizing that this time we don't want a password, just enter the username and click " NEXT ".
- After the above, click on " Log out and terminate “, Process at the end of which the session will be closed and the system will start with the information provided above.
In turn, there is also the option to permanently delete a Microsoft account, in case you no longer want to use it.
What should I do if I have forgotten my local password?
If you enter your password and it tells you it is incorrect after 3 attempts, it is better to change it with a new one. For this you will have to look for the button to reset it, this appears when there are several failed attempts.
Once marked, you will be asked to answer some secret questions that only you should know and which have been assigned at the time of formatting of the equipment. This way the menu will verify that it's you and you can type in a new password.
After editing it, you will return to the home menu and need to enter it to regain access.