That's why we took the trouble to make this little guide so that you learn everything you need to do in order to eliminate permanently un account Dropbox.
How to delete a Dropbox account from computer?
Next, in this section we will show you all the steps you need to follow to permanently delete yours Dropbox account from your computer.
But of course it's important to be cautious, so copying Dropbox files to Google Drive or OneDrive is recommended. It should be noted that you shouldn't worry at all, as the process is very simple and it won't take you even 5 minutes to complete. Keep reading!
- First of all, you need to enter the official Dropbox page from your favorite browser.
- Then you need to log into your Dropbox account in Spanish. To do this, click on the " Log in ”Which you will find in the upper right corner of the window. Remember to log in with your email address and password.
- Then you will need to go to your profile photo which is located in the upper right part of the window. When you click on it, you will see that a small menu appears with several options. You need to click on the option " Configuration "
- Now you have to go down until you find the box that says " Delete account ". Remember that by deleting your Dropbox account, you will not be able to recover files linked to this account.
- The page will ask you to enter your password to continue. You will also see that a box appears that says “Reason for departure”, this is because you have the possibility to indicate the reason why you have decided to delete your Dropbox account.
- To successfully complete this process you need to click on the " Permanently delete my user account " And that's it.
Steps to delete your Dropbox account using a mobile
In case you don't have a computer nearby or it has been stolen and you want to delete your Dropbox account. Well, don't worry, you can also delete a Dropbox folder from a lost device and do it from a mobile device. Below we have specified all the steps you need to follow in order to delete your account without problems.
- Although dropbox have a mobile app available for both iOS and Android, it is not possible to delete an account directly from these applications.
- So, to start the process you will have to open the browser of your mobile device and enter the official portal of this storage platform.
- You will also need to log in, as explained in the previous section. To do this, press the " Log in ”And enter the data necessary to access your Dropbox account.
- Now you need to right click on the profile photo which will also be located in the upper right part of your mobile screen.
- Then you will see that a menu appears with several options, among which we will have to click on the one that says " Configuration "
- To continue, you need to find the option " Permanently delete account ".
- Next you have to enter your password and choose the reason why you decided to unsubscribe from Dropbox. Remember that this step is mandatory, you cannot skip the selection part of the reason that forced you to cancel your account.
- Ready! This will have deleted a Dropbox account from your mobile device, which as you may have noticed is an easy process to complete.
This was! If the information in this post was useful to you, don't hesitate to share it with all your contacts. See you next time!