Mobile devices are currently the most important technological resource for most users, and through smartphone you can connect to Facebook, WhatsApp and virtually any social network. While we also want to step away a little from time to time, deleting our account is a good idea in that case.
Even so, keep in mind that this is an important action, so we recommend that you consider methods like deleting Facebook Messenger conversations and others like that that don't go that far.
How to permanently delete a Facebook account from a mobile
In case you wish completely eliminate the your Facebook account, please note that it is not a reversible process. By deleting your account, all your conversations, posts and other content related to your actions in this social networks they will disappear.
Realizing that this is a process where you will lose all information on the platform, we recommend that you take actions such as downloading or transferring photos from Facebook, thereby supporting this valuable information.
To permanently delete your account follow these steps
- The first thing to do is to launch the official application of Facebook from your mobile device. In case you are not logged in, you must enter your data.
- Once you are in the application and logged into your account, click on the three horizontal lines located in the upper right area of the screen. Here you have to click on the option Settings.
- All the information related to the Settings will be displayed on your mobile phone screen, look for your Facebook information in the tab.
- You have to enter Account ownership and control.
- Click on the Deactivation and Deletion option, there you will see two options Deactivate account e Delete account.
- Select the option Delete account, now click Continues.
- It is very likely that you will be asked to enter your account password, this is done to protect your information and that another person does not pretend to be you to permanently delete your account.
- Complete the steps that appear on the screen and after this process your account will have been successfully deleted.
As we have indicated, it is best to protect your information, so we recommend that you download your Facebook videos from your iPhone or Android mobile, as well as any information you wish to save from the Facebook platform. On the other hand, it is also possible to temporarily deactivate the account as we show you below.
Temporarily deactivate your Facebook account
While you can deactivate or completely delete your Facebook account, we believe there is a better option, we refer to the temporary deactivation of your account. Through this measure you can recover your account after a set time or when log in again.
It is the best fit for anyone who is unsure whether to make the decision completely delete your account.
To temporarily deactivate your account, follow these steps
- The first thing to do is to start the Facebook application on the mobile and carry out the login.
- Now go to the settings options by pressing at the top right of the screen, click on the option Settings.
- Find the Facebook information card and click Account ownership and control.
- More options will appear, the one you need to choose is Deactivation and elimination, click that option.
- There are two modes, Account Deactivation and Account Deletion, click Deactivate account and click Continues.
- You must provide the reason why you want to temporarily deactivate your account, we recommend that you click on the first option This is temporary. I'll be back. And click on the option Continues.
- Below indicates after which period the account must be automatically reactivated, you can select from one to seven days, in any case you can also choose the option not to reactivate automatically, choose the one that seems best to you and click on the button Continue option .
- A new screen will appear, you can choose whether to continue receiving notifications or not, to deactivate the account click on the button Deactivate my account.
- After this process, your account will have been successfully deactivated, you can go back to it by logging in normally.
Note that the processes shown above are designed for the Facebook application, however you can also opt out of Facebook Messenger if that's what you're looking for.
TagsDelete / Delete Facebook