If you live with multiple people using your computer, you should read this information where we will talk about How to prevent other users from changing the wallpaper in Windows 10? , something that can be very annoying in case you want to have a unique image on your desktop.
Windows can be customized very easily, which is why aspects such as UAC User Account Control and other parameters that allow configuration and customization of the system are taken into account.
Wallpaper is an essential personalization option on computers with the Windows operating system. Even so, it is very easy to change this image, so anyone who uses the computer can do it. In any case, there is a method for block this function, allowing you to be the only one able to change your computer wallpaper.
The wallpaper in Windows 10
It has been many years since computers have become an essential part of our life, in fact, for many a life without a computer is unimaginable. It is for this reason that it is also understandable that little by little they have become a manifestation of our personality.
That said, companies are offering us more and more configuration and customization options, with which we can keep our computer as we like. In this regard, one of the simplest ways to customize our equipment is to use one custom wallpaper.
It has been many years since it is possible to change our wallpapers, being a very simple customization option in any operating system, as in the case of Windows 10. However, it can get quite annoying for someone else to change ours. background screen, but this can be easily fixed.
How to prevent other users from changing the wallpaper in Windows 10?
Of course it can become very annoying to change the wallpaper on our computer. Even so, there are some methods by which you can block this feature, so that the background cannot be changed, one of them is to restrict a user's access in Windows 10, but there are other viable options.
Another easy way to lock the edit or background feature in Windows 10 is to use the registry tool. This will ensure that no one can change the wallpaper once it is set.
Block wallpaper change in Windows 10 with registry
- To perform this procedure you will need to modify the Regedit registers, a space where many aspects related to the operating system can be configured.
- The process of accessing the Windows registry is quite simple, on the one hand, you can do it by clicking on Start and searching for "Run". Similarly, you can also press the Windows + R configuration key, both options will take you to the tool "Run".
- Once the "Run" application appears on the screen, type the following "Regedit" and click OK. In this way, the system will take you to the Windows registry, where we will carry out our configuration.
- In case a warning appears on the screen, just click on the 'yes' option.
- You should now go to the following address Computer HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Policies. You can get to this address by pressing one by one on the previous folders.
- Once you are in the last folder «Policies» you have to press the right mouse button and choose the option «New» now select «DWORD (32 bit) value».
- You can see that a new value has been created, change the name of that value to "NoChangingWallpaper" and double click on it.
- As you can see, the «Value Info» tab appears here, you need to change the value to «1».
By performing the above procedure, you will permanently block the wallpaper change within the Windows 10 operating system.
You should also know how to delete a Windows 10 user account if you want to restrict computer usage and prevent others from modifying critical aspects of your computer.